1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured Rural Roads of Ontario

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Robert Watcher, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Taking in the stunning fall colours of Southwestern Ontario, Canada on this 30 (feels like 36) degree afternoon.

D552D782-AFEE-4709-8019-EC97C5063E21.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

61390615-91BC-4EE4-BDD7-2DF12CAD17E7.jpg

4A7D8F7E-4947-4CA9-96AA-E7BE71BE0507.jpg

A9F19CDA-1C1F-4CC7-B392-CEC6F4ED4F3B.jpg

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 3

2. E3724C7A-C95A-4F53-B6AC-4B23988C8A3C.jpg

5F857035-0453-4239-843E-FFBCE25C05F2.jpg

F89BEAB5-F0B6-4F9D-B9AE-00381B58C05C.jpg

1972793C-9096-45CF-90DC-6D0685900F4A.jpg

• Like Like x 21
    • Winner Winner x 6
  3. Santa

Santa Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Tennessee
    Tom Staggs
    Robert, these are lovely fall pictures. I just Love fall because of the vivid colors. These are very fine pictures taken with that lens. I suggest that you go and post them in the showcase for that lens. It will give those that are looking to see what quality pictures that can be produced with that lens, some very good examples.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. gwydionjhr

gwydionjhr Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Nov 7, 2017
    Great shots! One of the only things I really miss about On-tar-i-o is the autumn colour change. It just ain't the same on Vancouver Island.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well done @Robert Watcher@Robert Watcher ... in the past week we’re just starting to get some of those colours as well... where are these taken? Initially I thought western Ontario but I don’t recall that many rolling hills.. more indicative of east of Toronto? And we’ve gone from the 30C to 0C in a matter of a week here! ❄️ is soon on its way I’m afraid!

Also, it’s nice to see photos posted that haven’t been punched to extreme in post. We so often see photos that have brilliant colours but as we know those colours only exist when we wear Serengeti or Maui Jim polarizing is glasses

Edit... is see you said southwestern Ontario in your first post... but the hills threw me off a bit for location. I spent my summers on a farm about 30 km’s outside of London.

• Like Like x 1
  6. We are very fortunate to be living in an area that is beautiful to drive through any time of year, with rolling hills carpeted with crops of varying kinds, and lush areas containing varied tree types. It is in Western Ontario - about an hour north of London. Bannockburn, Benmiller, Auburn.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. These are really nice pictures, very warm and inviting. I particularly like the last one of the view down the road kind. It makes you wonder "where does the road go and what else is there down there to see/photograph". We were enjoying some nice fall colours until about a week ago then we had a day of particularly strong winds and now most of the leaves are gone. Thanks for sharing these.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Brownie

Brownie Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2018
    SE Michigan
    Very nice. I've been wanting to do the same but fall on this side of the lakes has been far different, at least in my area. Most of the trees are still green with some brown mixed in, very little color. I think this is going to be one of those years where everything just comes down all at once in the wind and rain.

• Like Like x 1
  9. On an outdoor talk show today they were talking about how some areas had not seen their first real frost... and without that we’ve never had a decent show of colour on our trees. We’ve had a few but they were hardly worth mentioning... and certainly not hard enough to turn the leaves... maybe you’re just a bit behind there too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Apollo T.

Apollo T. Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 27, 2016
    Northern New Jersey
    CONGRATS
    On having this set selected for the Front Page.
    Well deserved.

• Like Like x 1
  11. These pictures were taken two weeks ago. The fall leaves are mostly on the ground now near the end of October. Pretty normal timing for here. There has been no frost here - its been down to 2-4 degrees C at night at times over the last week.

——-

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.