Rumoured Panasonic GX10

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I would be happy to get all G9's capabilities in a compact form. Especially the IBIS.
I'm not sure if that would be possible at the moment. Maybe if they lost the heatsinks, & turned it into a stills only camera it might work. I'm only guessing mind you, but Olympus seem to be following the same path as well. Plus the Panasonic S1/R

mike3996

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm not sure if that would be possible at the moment. Maybe if they lost the heatsinks, & turned it into a stills only camera it might work. I'm only guessing mind you, but Olympus seem to be following the same path as well. Plus the Panasonic S1/R
E-m5 mark 3 manages to fit a superb IBIS in a compact body just fine. It's definitely possible, only the remaining obstacle is whether Panasonic has the knowhow as they have lagged behind Olympus in these matters.

I wouldn't mind if the GX10 returns to the size of GX8. As long the screen is tilty, not "fully" articulating. ;)

Stanga

Mu-43 All-Pro
Never had a problem with using the GX8 with the PL15mm f1.7, P25 f1.7, or the P14mm f2.5. But then again I did shoot film for decades. And those cameras didn't have IBIS. So I am accustomed to take on a posture that offers a certain amount of anti shake whenever I press the shutter button.

Real Name
Mike Peters
For sure. Personally, I don’t understand the mindset of people that claim certain features to be “dealbreakers“ I prefer to be flexible about such things.
Indeed, for me the viewfinder was a dealbreaker on the GX9. I bought one with an open mind to try to like it, and except for the tiny body and the viewfinder, it had very nice upgrades over the GX8. But the viewfinder was ultimately what sent me back to the GX8.

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
For stills I've never had problems with the GX8 IBIS either. For video though the difference between the GX8 and GX80 is night and day. Not sure how much better the G9 one is, but I could live with the GX80 version in a GX8 form factor... (if the camera costs less money)

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
I expect that viewfinders and rear LCDs will get better over time.

Meanwhile, I mostly use my G9 and only rarely the GX85...

FrankieB92

New to Mu-43
GX950. This is the only reference I can find. It says the end of this year. Is this the previously discussed GX10 or something different? Will it follow the same silly price point as the G-90/95?

http://thenewcamera.com/category/panasonic-rumors/
Give me the 20mpx sensor for more cropping power, add into software the minimum shutter speed setting for aperture priority and I would love to update from my GF9/GX850 into this new model, as ideal street photography camera.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Give me the 20mpx sensor for more cropping power, add into software the minimum shutter speed setting for aperture priority and I would love to update from my GF9/GX850 into this new model, as ideal street photography camera.
Something that is built more like the GM1 but with the articulated screen of the GX850 series and the shutter/IBIS of the GX9 etc. would be a sweet street camera. Especially if it also had a hotshoe.

FrankieB92

New to Mu-43
Something that is built more like the GM1 but with the articulated screen of the GX850 series and the shutter/IBIS of the GX9 etc. would be a sweet street camera. Especially if it also had a hotshoe.
Well, I'm trying to stay reasonable :D

After GF10 brought pretty much only tiny grip and some beauty effects, I wouldn't expect Panasonic to put too much into their low-end offering.

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
low-end?

but 10 is a big number - bigger than 9

maybe they'll go bigly with it

bork

New to Mu-43
As one of the weirdos who went from the GX8 to GX80, I hope any possible GX10 stays fairly compact. I do love a flippy screen though. Tucking it away for nice stealthy shooting is fun. Plus vlogging. Speaking of which, a mic input would be lovely..

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom