Rumoured Panasonic GX10

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
True, it does, but to the naked eye at full image size I do not think it is particularly noticeable. No one who sees my photos can tell which photo has been taken with which camera. They just like the pretty colours :D
I value the small enhancements more for their added post-processing leeway than anything else.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
I'm still running the last non-subscription LR version. That may change whenever I get a camera too new for it - luckily my GR RAWs are still DNG.

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
And I'm looking for a small (GX7/85) sized camera to use as a backup in my bag, or a second kit in my bag, or a EDC that fits in a small case or large pocket with the right lens. I want the flash. I want a better EVF. For me, the smaller full feature is the desire.
I use my, erm, GX7 in that role.

It's still a lovely camera. It just doesn't get as much use as my EM1.2 does.

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have trouble differentiating between images taken with the Gx8 and G9 when I've used the same lens,. I agree that the Gh6 or G10 will be the first to get the 24 mp sensor (more likely 32 mp for 8K video), I am just afraid that if it is 8K and a global shutter the cost will be very high.
I don't think we will get both 8k and global shutter anytime soon. Having one of them makes the other much harder to achieve. Personally, I am hoping for Global Shutter, as that gives so many different possibilities (unlimited flash sync, better multi-shot modes, no need for mechanical shutter, so completely silent shooting).

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joel
I don't think we will get both 8k and global shutter anytime soon. Having one of them makes the other much harder to achieve. Personally, I am hoping for Global Shutter, as that gives so many different possibilities (unlimited flash sync, better multi-shot modes, no need for mechanical shutter, so completely silent shooting).
One of the reasons I choose m43 was my guess/hope that global shutter or organic sensors would come to a smaller sensor first.

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The one thing that would push me to the the Gx10 is highres II. I am really liking it, and every year I take a trip to image the SW. I have a small travel tripod and highres would get used. Actually this is the only thing my Gx85 lacks as a travel camera. So after looking at the EM5 III, I think I will stick with the Gx10 if it has highres (trip is in October so the Gx10 should be out for a while when I buy).

Last edited:

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
I practically guaranteed that the GX10 will be phenomenal since I just ordered a GX9. You're all welcome.
Thank you very much for taking one for the team! :drinks:
On the contrary! Stop buying them! We need to drive the price down! :dance3:

Do you wear glasses? If so, let me know how the dreaded EVF is. I can't find one to test out.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing

Do you wear glasses? If so, let me know how the dreaded EVF is. I can't find one to test out.
It'll be the same as the GX85, which I had for 3 1/2 years. Not the best, but you can make do with it with glasses. In fact I think the GX9 might be slightly easier, at least for using the left eye, if tilted somewhat. I had to use the GX85 right-eyed with the layout and how closely I needed to cram my glasses up to the EVF. I may try the accessory eyecup as well, I've heard mixed things but it seems it might make it easier to use.

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro
It'll be the same as the GX85, which I had for 3 1/2 years. Not the best, but you can make do with it with glasses. In fact I think the GX9 might be slightly easier, at least for using the left eye, if tilted somewhat. I had to use the GX85 right-eyed with the layout and how closely I needed to cram my glasses up to the EVF. I may try the accessory eyecup as well, I've heard mixed things but it seems it might make it easier to use.
Lets wait till u actually get it. I don't remember having any serious issues with the GX85 EVF but the GX9 EVF was annoying at best. The panel and tech might be the same but the implementation might be slightly different.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Lets wait till u actually get it. I don't remember having any serious issues with the GX85 EVF but the GX9 EVF was annoying at best. The panel and tech might be the same but the implementation might be slightly different.
Hmm, well I'm curious to find out!

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
There are a few different ways to set up the EVF, including the aspect ratio and whether to display the info as an overlay or beneath the image.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Pana are probably the best chance of surprising everyone with an unexpected new sensor, given their connection to Towerjazz and ongoing work on organic sensors.

Whether that's in a possible Gx10 / G10 is the question. Probably unlikely.
Interestingly, the GX8 debuted the 20MP sensor for Panasonic didn't it?

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joel
Indeed, they did.

And they need to slip us a tidbit of intel on it now, me thinks.
All the rumour sites have pretty much dried up for teasers (which is what they mostly are, controlled leaks) I get the feeling all of the companies are putting things on hold until COVID-19 runs it's course.

threeOh

Mu-43 Regular
Look at it this way:
View attachment 803373

The main difference is the EVF hump:
View attachment 803375

Look how many formerly flagship E-M1 II features Olympus was able to put in the E-M5 III:
  • 20.4MP four thirds sensor
  • 5-axis stabilisation (5.5Ev) with Sync IS (6.5Ev)
  • weather sealing (dust, moisture and cold temperatures down to -10ºC)
  • live time and live composite
  • High Res Shot mode at 50MP/80MP (tripod only)
  • focus bracketing and focus stacking
  • up to 1/8000s with the mechanical shutter, up to 1/32000s with the electronic shutter
  • vary-angle LCD monitor with touch sensitivity
  • Bluetooth

If Panasonic could do the same, with an improved EVF and keeping the tilt-up screen for diversity, I know a fair number of ppl would buy it in a heartbeat.

I only realised today how close in size the GX9 and E-M5 III were.
To say nothing about what Sony has done for years with the RX100. As with Sony, Panasonic is strong in electronics packaging. I doubt if size is a limiting factor. And a touch larger GX with a much improved evf would be an easy trade-off for me.

aKilter

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
David

Tim, I own a GX9 & wear glasses. I don’t find the EVF to be as bad, as many people say. It isn’t quite as nice as the one on my Pen-f, but it gets the job done and I have no problem framing my shots.

If I could combine the Pen-f & GX9, I’d have my ideal street camera. Primarily, that would mean having the EVF from the Pen-f and the tilt only screen, of the GX9. My biggest fear about the GX10, is Panasonic will go back to the fully articulating screen, of the GX8. That would be a deal breaker, for me. I think the fully articulating screens should be left to the G series.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom