Rumoured Panasonic GX10

JensM

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
As screename
Wouldnt a on-board sort of pop-up flash play havoc with the wished for WR? I could see some sort of tiny flash in the camera pack ala the one Olympus has shipped with their cameras and fed off the camera battery, if that is a proper larger one. :)

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Yeah, I keep wishing to have the 20MP sensor and bought a Yi M1, but the AF performance on that camera makes it an alternate at best, it isn't good as a main body. The sensor is good, though.

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joel
we need another rumor - we have some Oly lens & body rumors, the GX10 rumor... so how about a new24 Mpix rumor??
I know, first thing I do every morning is refresh 43rumors looking for something new on the GX10. I'm guessing most of the announcements that were in the pipeline for (the now cancelled) CP+ show are now on hold due to the upcoming production issues as a result of the Coronavirus.

Real Name
Roddy
I LOVE the 20mp sensor, though - it’s an awesome upgrade from the old 16mp.
Interesting - unless I pixel-peep to the extreme I see very little discernible difference for images up to A4 size if I compare photos from my GX8 to the old G6 my wife has. I thought the same of the faulty G80 I had for a couple of weeks in the summer - that too was barely superior.

I must confess that I am not complaining, though, but 'better picture quality' is way down the list of the things I enjoy with the GX8.

And to be honest, if the G6 enjoyed a bit of IBIS it would be one of my favourite cameras ever. It's one of the most ergonomic bodies I have ever handled, and is just the right size and weight for long days. The shutter shock has never bothered me as I use the electronic shutter almost exclusively when I use it. I can even work around the one dial quite easily. But two stops of IBIS would be nice,....

leendertv

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leendert
Interesting - unless I pixel-peep to the extreme I see very little discernible difference for images up to A4 size if I compare photos from my GX8 to the old G6 my wife has. I thought the same of the faulty G80 I had for a couple of weeks in the summer - that too was barely superior.
The new 20mp sensor has a little bit better highlight recovery.
Also a little bit more details without the AA filter on the G9, GX9 en G90.

newmikeman

Mu-43 Rookie
Maybe there's a danger that we're losing track of what these things are used for, or the aim for their main usage. G9 for big-time stills, nature, landscape, studio, vlogging etc and with big lenses. GX9 for street and other discreet genres, with tilt screen and possibility to carry in your pocket with a dinky little lens on it. GH5 for video buffs, about which I know not a lot. I just made up these categories as they seem to align with current models, but there was a lot of confusion over past models. We had fashion (SLR vs rangefinder style), vloggers wanting to suppress all tilt-only screens on the pocketable styles, BIF bods wanting an Oly with Panny menus. (Pretty much all camera reviewers are also vloggers so they always want what's best for that and often fail to understand that the needs of ordinary photographers can be diametrically opposed). Let's try and keep some consistent vision, subject to Panasonic screwing things up again by playing with model numbers inappropriately!

mumu

Mu-43 Veteran
Wouldnt a on-board sort of pop-up flash play havoc with the wished for WR? I could see some sort of tiny flash in the camera pack ala the one Olympus has shipped with their cameras and fed off the camera battery, if that is a proper larger one. :)
No, it can be done. My Nikon D300 had a pop-up flash and was weather sealed.

Madicus

New to Mu-43
I have a GX1 as my 2nd camera. I wish they made something that small and lightweight again. Similar to Olympus PL line

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
Pana are probably the best chance of surprising everyone with an unexpected new sensor, given their connection to Towerjazz and ongoing work on organic sensors.

Whether that's in a possible Gx10 / G10 is the question. Probably unlikely.

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Pana are probably the best chance of surprising everyone with an unexpected new sensor, given their connection to Towerjazz and ongoing work on organic sensors.

Whether that's in a possible Gx10 / G10 is the question. Probably unlikely.
yeah that'd probably appear in a GH6 first.

Real Name
Roddy
The new 20mp sensor has a little bit better highlight recovery.
Also a little bit more details without the AA filter on the G9, GX9 en G90.
True, it does, but to the naked eye at full image size I do not think it is particularly noticeable. No one who sees my photos can tell which photo has been taken with which camera. They just like the pretty colours :D

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have trouble differentiating between images taken with the Gx8 and G9 when I've used the same lens,. I agree that the Gh6 or G10 will be the first to get the 24 mp sensor (more likely 32 mp for 8K video), I am just afraid that if it is 8K and a global shutter the cost will be very high.

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
And I'm looking for a small (GX7/85) sized camera to use as a backup in my bag, or a second kit in my bag, or a EDC that fits in a small case or large pocket with the right lens. I want the flash. I want a better EVF. For me, the smaller full feature is the desire.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom