Rumors or possible upcoming 4/3 lenses

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
I could have sworn I saw a list posted somewhere on this site but can't seem to find it. It's possible the post wasn't even about Olympus lenses.:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, I have found a sort of map of lenses from the 43rumors.com site here: http://43rumors.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/zuiko_lens_eng.png where it appears that they are:
Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f/4.0-5.6
Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm f/4.0-5.6

They seem to be projected for 2011 according to that site.

Please update with any new info.or in put. Thanks!

Amin Sabet

Administrator
The known upcoming lenses are:
  • Olympus 9-18, 14-150
  • Panasonic 14/2.8, 8mm fisheye, 100-300
Then there are the rumors...

Will post more info later if no one else beats me to it!

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Also, as indicated in the roadmap from Olympus, an 11 or 12mm pancake, a 50mm macro and a 70-300mm superzoom.

Cheers

Brian

viztyger

Mu-43 Regular
Higher Grade Lenses?

I would suspect that Panasonic or Olympus would have to announce a high(er) grade lens to accompany any "semi-professional" model. So I can imagine a brighter f/2.8-4.0 zoom or a 25 to 30mm f/1.4 prime. Personally, I'd be most interested in a 30mm f/1.4 prime. That would complement my 20 and 45 well, being somewhere in between. The 14mm f/2.8 prime also interests me if it's optically ok.

voyager

2 of the lenses are supposedly going to come out around PMA with the new Olympus and Panasonic cameras. I hope that they release the 100-300mm the most.

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
I am looking forward to the Olympus 9-18mm - I love the focal range, but find my Pentax 12-24mm (same 35mm equivalent range) simply too bulky/awkward to carry around on a regular basis (the lens hood is enormous). The Oly 9-18 looks very nice and compact, and has filter threads (a turn-off from the 7-14mm - although I don't use UV filters, CPs, NDs and an IR filter all see occasional use by myself). If the reviews come out on the positive end, and the price is around $600 I will be in for one for sure (the size of the models shown looks very appealing already).

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
You know, I never even realized that some of these lenses might not have filter threads.:eek: I ordered one for my 17mm but perhaps it can't even work. I'm just used to using at least a UV or even a clear as a protection... Old dogs and new tricks...:drama:

Amin Sabet

Administrator
The 7-14 lacks filter threads because the bulging front element precludes the use of standard filters. This is commonly the case for such wide lenses. The Oly 17 will take standard filters.

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I will settle for that Pany 14mm f2.8 especially as I believe it is going to be a pancake around the same size as the 20mm f1.7..............luverly, bring it on - and I hope the price is no more than the 20mm

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
I will settle for that Pany 14mm f2.8 especially as I believe it is going to be a pancake around the same size as the 20mm f1.7..............luverly, bring it on - and I hope the price is no more than the 20mm
Agreed Ian but I hope it is less.....

flipGTO

Mu-43 Regular
Regardless if Panny comes out with a new lens, good luck actually finding one for sale :rolleyes:
Patience is a virtue. It took me over a year to find the Panasonic/Leica D Vario Elmarit 4/3 lens. I ended up buying one with a Leica pouch and lens cap (somehow it gives more value compared to the Lumix version).

Vidar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I am still waiting on a fast 25mm oly prime:frown:

Anyone seen any rumours on the interweb about new Oly :43: primes?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom