1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Rumorology: Cameras coming this 2013

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Manu-4Vendetta, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Dominican Republic
    From Nippon Camera.

[​IMG]

GH5, this year. Its joke? I'm saving for GH7.

Weeks ago at Vitaliy's forum I said half joke and half serious already working in GH5, truth is stranger than fiction.

Take out that morning for me, so I bought the E-M5 and GH3 half of what they cost today. But this is speculation.

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Interesting, if accurate. The E-P5 and EM-7 could drive down the price of the EM-5. Guess it's time to start saving my pennies. :biggrin:

3. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    I'm waiting for a new release to drive down prices on the EM5 as well, but I'm not holding my breath. :)

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    It lists a G7, but no G6?

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    The release of the EM-5 drove the price of the E-P3 way down. Hopefully, the release of an E-P5 and an EM-7 will do the same for the EM-5. One can hope! :biggrin:

6. NJH

NJH Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    South West England
    Some interesting models on there. Great if the E-P5 is just around the corner, I could hold out for that. Real shame how long the wait is for the next Ricoh, I think many had forgotten they even still make cameras its been so long. Some interesting oddities on there. Is the Nikon 2 this new rumored DX mirrorless? What on earth is the X-M1? There has been odd rumors of a monochrome only X-Pro but I think this is taking the Leica thing a bit too far, after all its not like the Fuji X are not already fantastic for B&W.

Also a little surprising how far away the G7 is. Its almost become the forgotten m4/3 due to the shadow cast by the E-M5 and GH3.

7. suntoryjim

suntoryjim Mu-43 Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    I returned my OM-D and settled with a refurb E-PL2 which I got for a song. There's just too many juicy rumors floating around right now to miss-out on if any of them do materiailize. If the price of the OM-D does go down, then I'll re-invest in one and pocket the change. If the EP-5 comes out with a built-in EVF, then I will certainly buy.

8. PENpal

PENpal Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    In the end, collectors will pay top dollar for the classics: EP1, EPL1 and G1.

9. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    i'm in for either EP5 or GX2 if one comes with the built-in EVF

• Like Like x 1
  10. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    X-M1 a monochrome? That would be indeed taking it a bit too far, IMO!

The E7 is the most surprising camera. Assuming this is true, it'll be interesting to see what Oly does to revive the interest on the 4/3 cameras. With all the good glass for 4/3 cameras, it's a shame that the system has been lying dormant.

The EP5 with a built-in EVF should sell like hotcakes!

11. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Some folks don't like the number 6. And Asian folks don't like 4. Hence, most camera manufacturers skip 4.

12. suntoryjim

suntoryjim Mu-43 Regular

Feb 6, 2013
    Yes, I'm waiting on the GX2 as well! Even Will Crocket (who appears to me as being somewhat on Panasonic's payroll) said his "inside sources" mention a GX2 to be "announced soon".

• Like Like x 1
  13. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    +1
    The first PEN or GX to come with an inbuilt EVF gets my money.

Some of the predictions seem ridiculous though...GH5 !!!!
    The only one I'm really keeping a very keen eye on is the X-Pro2/X-E2....Fuji looks to have (on paper atleast) really made some real genuine improvements in their second iteration of the X100 with the 'S'. If that form is anything to go by, then either the X-Pro2 or X-E2 may just possibly iron out the issues that have stopped my from already going Fuji-X.

• Like Like x 1