Rumor: Refreshed Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 to be announced today 8/27/19

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
No, I just recognise that DFD and other advances in autofocus weren't available when the Mk1 was first released.

Hence the 'if'. I was identifying a product improvement that would make a material difference to some people.

ooheadsoo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I suppose the best news for value seekers is that the v1 will certainly remain relevant. Not the absolute best at anything but a goldilocks amongst the m43 normal primes. Small enough, light enough, and fast enough for most.

joele

Mu-43 Regular
I find the size subjective opinions interesting, as has been said it is all relative, but I think most importantly (for me) relative to the camera model.. I actually find the 25/1.4 a bit bulky on my gx9, I tend to only use the 20/1.7 and 15/1.7 on it (mostly the 20/1.7 lives on it)... On the g9 however it is a nice compact lens (even with hood on), and the 20/1.7 looks rather comical on the g9..

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
I agree, much of this sort of stuff is subjective. If they'd redesigned this lens to my wants, it would have an aperture ring to give me consistency across 15mm, 25mm, 42mm. But most users these days probably don't care for aperture rings at all.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
On the g9 however it is a nice compact lens (even with hood on), and the 20/1.7 looks rather comical on the g9..

I'm actually pretty fond of my single handed 20 megapixel point & shoot

G9pancake.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Robertom

Mu-43 Regular
Is it available ?
Any tests ?

I am thinking of buying PL25 . But there is no info if optics were upgraded.

Latest threads

Top Bottom