Ruined

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Wow, I remember coming across this years ago but thought it was a joke. Pricy, but I do hate wearing a helmet...
I don't ride a bike, but if I ever start again I think I would want one of those, better protection and not having to wear it on your head is a selling point.
The price is steep but if it lives up to the extra protection they talk about it can be worth it.

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
Glad to see the old man is relatively OK.
I'm not sure how old the helmet is and what warranty there is.
But, Specialized may be interested one having the helmet for research purposes.
Some companies are happy to examine them and even offer a discount on a replacement.

This isn't something to be proud of, but I've actually wrecked three cycle helmets in different crashes.
Two of them involved incidents with other bicycles and the other when I was cycling too fast down a narrow lane and a van appeared.
I veered onto a grass verge and almost gained control until I hit the concrete footings of a bridge parapet.
I wasn't sure I'd hit my head when crashing as my right hip seemed to take most of the impact.
After refusing an ambulance and wandering the 15 miles home very sedately I woke up the next day with a stiff neck.
When I examined my helmet, the whole back section came off in my hands, proving I had indeed 'headed' the bridge wall.

My dear mother used to say "maybe it'll knock some sense into you" when I got into some scrape.

Nope! :rolleyes:

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
Very small part of the ruins of St.David's Bishop's Palace.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom