Ruined pictures saved by LR :)

benbammens

Mu-43 Regular
Last weekend I went to a Radio Modern party here in my city. It is 40's 50's and 60's music and dancers. I decided to take my E-PL1 and a few of my legacy lenses. I am still a newbie on photographing since I am only doing it for a month or two. It was the first time I would be photographing moving people in a rather dark surrounding. I made a bunch of pictures, thinking there were a lot of good ones...

...Until I got home and saw that the red light in the tent really screwed up most of my pictures. They were just to red...

So I started working the RAW files in LR to see if they could be saved but not much helped. Until I applied a standard preset of lightroom that gave my pictures that instant vintage look (50's party, remember?...). Seems there was a lot of detail behind those reds...

And now I have a lot of images I first thought were ruined but now I am getting a lot of complements for :)

This was before:
View attachment 145470

And after:
4657351668_082be2e2dc_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

More in the flickr set:
Radio Modern - a set on Flickr

Rich M

Mu-43 Veteran
Nice save.....I use LR for 95% of my work these days.

R

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nice recovery! I wish I had the time to figure out how to use LR. It's been much easier using Camera Raw and Photoshop. LR is a mystery to me.

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Love the set Ben. I've just been over to Flickr and i can see why you're getting alot of complements:smile: You know how to get the camera to talk.
The candid shot of the 2 women is great, i feel as if i were there.

icon

benbammens

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks, and thank you for the comments. I've only been into photography for two months and it a great ego-boost to get all these complements :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom