1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Ruined pictures saved by LR :)

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by benbammens, Jun 2, 2010.

1. benbammens

benbammens Mu-43 Regular

Apr 23, 2010
    Last weekend I went to a Radio Modern party here in my city. It is 40's 50's and 60's music and dancers. I decided to take my E-PL1 and a few of my legacy lenses. I am still a newbie on photographing since I am only doing it for a month or two. It was the first time I would be photographing moving people in a rather dark surrounding. I made a bunch of pictures, thinking there were a lot of good ones...

...Until I got home and saw that the red light in the tent really screwed up most of my pictures. They were just to red...

So I started working the RAW files in LR to see if they could be saved but not much helped. Until I applied a standard preset of lightroom that gave my pictures that instant vintage look (50's party, remember?...). Seems there was a lot of detail behind those reds...

And now I have a lot of images I first thought were ruined but now I am getting a lot of complements for :)

This was before:

And after:
    4657351668_082be2e2dc_b.

More in the flickr set:
    Radio Modern - a set on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Nice save.....I use LR for 95% of my work these days.

R

3. benbammens

benbammens Mu-43 Regular

Apr 23, 2010
    Yes, I keep on getting complements for these pictures :)

4. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Nice recovery! I wish I had the time to figure out how to use LR. It's been much easier using Camera Raw and Photoshop. LR is a mystery to me.

5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Love the set Ben. I've just been over to Flickr and i can see why you're getting alot of complements:smile: You know how to get the camera to talk.
    The candid shot of the 2 women is great, i feel as if i were there.

icon

6. benbammens

benbammens Mu-43 Regular

Apr 23, 2010
    Thanks, and thank you for the comments. I've only been into photography for two months and it a great ego-boost to get all these complements :)