RRS plate for E-P3?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SRHEdD, Feb 2, 2012.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Anyone have it yet? Good to just leave on the camera? Not the "L" version, just the plate. I trust tightening a tripod to it regularly more than to the camera, but haven't sprung for the Oly plate yet.

BOEP3: Conventional Plate for Oly E-P3 - BOEP3

2. sohcsleeper

sohcsleeper Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    I just bought one from another member (used) and its actually a really great add on and makes holding the camera easier in normal use.

3. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    what's this for? and there is a small hole on the right side of the plate

4. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Well, depends on your intent. In a perfect world, where money is no object, the L-shaped version slides in and out of their bracket (vertically or horizontally) which is left on your ball head/tripod combo (or their flash brackets). For me, to save wear and tear on the camera, I want the bottom plate only to use to attach the camera to a tripod. The bottom-only plate has its own tripod mount, stays on the camera (if you like), but still allows access to the battery/card door. When carrying the camera on a strap, it adds a little weight, and gives the camera a bumper of sorts. To ME... worth the $70.00, but not to some.

...and the hole on the end is to add the vertical part later if you like. These used to be one piece millings, but are now two-pieces.

• Like Like x 1