Rosy Boa tongue action

Discussion in 'Nature' started by RobWatson, Jun 7, 2011.

1. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Clearly, I'm no photographer, but had some fun at my daughters 10th birthday over the weekend.RosyBoaTongue2.jpg

Not sure I want to bother cleaning up the noise. There was a funny red spot that I hacked out just on the snakes left cheek. The spot is not in every image but in many close ups of the snakes head so I wonder where it comes from ...
  2. RobWatson

Olympus PEN E-P1 with Nokton 25mm F0.95 @ F2.8 iAuto. Rosy was crawling (do snakes crawl?) around on my brother and giving me to once over with the tongue. Tricky natural backlighting with cloudy skies filtered through the window with screen.

I thought it was iAuot but data tag says Program mode 1/100sec exp with auto WB. The image has been cropped and resized.

That Nokton is tricky to get focus with such a shallow DOF so I used sequential mode and clicked away while slowly adjusting focus. Lucky me the best focus images also have the tongue!
  3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    It must've been dark. Good technique with the focus. There's no way I'm using my e-P1 with shallow depth manual focus : that's what my G1 EVF's for.
  4. RobWatson

Noise reduced

So I decided to clean up the noise a bit. Helps a little ...

• Like Like x 1