Room With A View

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Lorey, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Lorey

Lorey Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Missouri, USA
    Hello. This is my first post here. I browsed a few days and found that this seemed to be a friendly place with a LOT of talented photographers. I'm only an amateur and do photography mainly as just a hobby, although I've done a couple of paid weddings and high school seniors but not very much at all. I much prefer to just have fun being a wannabe.:smile:

I have an OMD E-5M I just got a couple of weeks ago. Love it. It's a great camera that I have no criticism of. I'm blown away by the low noise at high ISO's. I also have a Canon 5D MKII but the E-M5 has become my most used camera since I got it and foresee it getting a great deal of use from now on.

I saw this view last week while I was in the office of one of the salesmen where I work. I kind of got lost in all the lines and told him I'd have to bring my camera in and take a shot of it. The E-M5 did a great job. could have cropped the desk out but I think it gives the shot a little depth, like you are standing there in the room. I'm a big fan of desaturated or subdued color PP.

This may not be everyone's type of photography but it's my favorite. But I do other things too, as I've mentioned.

Thank you for viewing.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I really like the papers on the desk. (Work to get done when the great outside is calling me...)

I also really like all the different types of lines running through the image.

I might have edited out the latch in the middle of the widow frame.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the group! I like the reflection of the flagpole in the desktop. Always good to have different styles here - gives folks new perspectives. :biggrin:

4. Lorey

Lorey Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Missouri, USA
    Thanks guys!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.