1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Rokkor lens adapters

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Papadoc, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Papadoc

Papadoc Mu-43 Regular

Jul 12, 2012
    I have a Minolta lens marked MC Tele Rokkor-QF 200 mm f 3.5 that used to be my Dad's. It's in great shape and I'd like to use it on my GX-1. What adapter do I need to have to make that happen?

2. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

You can get away with any of the cheep Chinese adapters on the auction site. Just search for Minolta MD - m4/3 adapter. You just have the one lens to Any will due.

I have Lots of MD mount glass that I use often on my ยต4/3 camera. (no Minolta Brand 200mm lenses tho)
    I have one of those cheep Chinese adapters form the bay, I bought few years ago, but I will be selling it soon. I think I want to buy a Kippon brand adapter. Its more expensive but Only them and Novoflex use a different style release button that wont hurt my finger.

3. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Rainbow imaging or Fotodiox sells nearly identical adapters for very low prices. I have that Rokkor lens and it's a quality lens. Although it might be difficult to use with the small GX-1.

4. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    I've not adapted any Minolta lenses, but the Fotodiox and Rainbow Imaging adapters that I've purchased for other mounts have all worked well. I've purchased mine from Amazon.com.

BTW, there is no difference between the Minolta MC and MD mounts that impacts these adapters. The distinction is only in their meter coupling to the old Minolta cameras.

5. Papadoc

Papadoc Mu-43 Regular

Jul 12, 2012
    Thanks all. I'll check Amazon for one of those mentioned. I agree Statulaboy, with the heft and size of this lens, it will likely be difficult to handle with the GX-1. It would be nice if there was a tripod mount on the lens, but there is not.

6. manzoid

manzoid Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2011
  7. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Then you should look for the Adapters that have a tripod adapter , and you can put a handle on it even if you like this:

564233396_o.