1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

rokkor 58mm 1.2

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by aznmochamike, Jan 24, 2011.

1. aznmochamike

aznmochamike Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2011
    California
    Hi everyone again... I just got the lens with adapter for the GF1 but then it is so hard to shot it handheld wide open for portraits... can someone plz give me tips?

2. DesertRose

DesertRose Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2010
    Colorado
    Start out by stopping it down a stop or two or three until you get the hang of it, and then you can open it up as you get practice at holding it steady. :smile: It will be a lot more fun and a lot less frustrating and DOF will still be quite shallow.

3. aznmochamike

Jan 4, 2011
    California
    would an evf be helpful?

4. BrianK

BrianK Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 20, 2011
    Lansing MI
    • Like Like x 1
  5. aznmochamike

Jan 4, 2011
    California
    yea the MF assist zoom is helping but still super hard for me... maybe i got shaky hands... i was never good in dissecting in my bio classes =)

6. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    keep at it, it's worth the effort!:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  7. aznmochamike

Jan 4, 2011
    California
    I'm trying hahaha =)

8. BrianK

BrianK Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 20, 2011
    Lansing MI
  9. atrac7

atrac7 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 13, 2011
    what does the manual focus assist do? I have the G2 and I believe that's a feature on it as well...is that where it zooms in even into more detail so you can perform even finer focus?

that brings me to my next point...with the kit lens, in manual focus mode, can i PREVENT the camera from doing that super "zoom" in to finely focus? Sometimes it's annoying when I just want to focus traditionally by seeing what the photo would look like and focusing, rather than the camera automatically zooming in super close to finely focus.

10. robertro

robertro Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 22, 2010
    With this lens (I have one that I love!), there are two considerations:

1) be sure that you are in focus - if you are shooting at f1.2; you have to use the magnifier or you will not likely be in focus.

2) be careful not to use too slow a shutter speed - for this lens you should use 1/100th of a second or smaller. If you are using IS3, you should be able to shoot at 1/30th or so but only with a non-moving subject.

11. aznmochamike

Jan 4, 2011
    California
    @atrac7

Yes manual focus assist is the zoom in to help you focus... there is a way to turn it off in your settings... just look for the manual focus assist and turn it off...