rokkor 58mm 1.2

aznmochamike

Mu-43 Regular
Hi everyone again... I just got the lens with adapter for the GF1 but then it is so hard to shot it handheld wide open for portraits... can someone plz give me tips?

DesertRose

Mu-43 Regular
Hi everyone again... I just got the lens with adapter for the GF1 but then it is so hard to shot it handheld wide open for portraits... can someone plz give me tips?
Start out by stopping it down a stop or two or three until you get the hang of it, and then you can open it up as you get practice at holding it steady. :smile: It will be a lot more fun and a lot less frustrating and DOF will still be quite shallow.

aznmochamike

Mu-43 Regular
yea the MF assist zoom is helping but still super hard for me... maybe i got shaky hands... i was never good in dissecting in my bio classes =)

atrac7

Mu-43 Rookie
what does the manual focus assist do? I have the G2 and I believe that's a feature on it as well...is that where it zooms in even into more detail so you can perform even finer focus?

that brings me to my next point...with the kit lens, in manual focus mode, can i PREVENT the camera from doing that super "zoom" in to finely focus? Sometimes it's annoying when I just want to focus traditionally by seeing what the photo would look like and focusing, rather than the camera automatically zooming in super close to finely focus.

robertro

Mu-43 Veteran
With this lens (I have one that I love!), there are two considerations:

1) be sure that you are in focus - if you are shooting at f1.2; you have to use the magnifier or you will not likely be in focus.

2) be careful not to use too slow a shutter speed - for this lens you should use 1/100th of a second or smaller. If you are using IS3, you should be able to shoot at 1/30th or so but only with a non-moving subject.

aznmochamike

Mu-43 Regular
@atrac7

Yes manual focus assist is the zoom in to help you focus... there is a way to turn it off in your settings... just look for the manual focus assist and turn it off...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom