Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm f/3.5 fisheye MFT lens, $209.99 Amazon lightning deal (expired)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by MadMan, Nov 15, 2013.

1. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
    Just over 90 minutes remain on the lightning deal at the moment I post this.

This lens normally goes for $269, so pretty good deal. Checking various sites for reviews, most people are very positive about it's ability/value. It should be noted though that there is no electrical connection, you have to set the camera to shoot without lens, and put in Aperture mode & manipulate aperture/focus manually.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TOU804/ref=ox_ya_os_product

p.s. If you have a Chase Freedom card, charge it to that and get an extra 5% ($10.50) off -- assuming you have activated your quarterly cashback promotion & haven't already bought $1500 of stuff with it at amazon!

2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Nice deal. I had a fisheye once, on my DSLR, and really didn't care for it. Any reason to think it will be better in m4/3s? In other words, can you talk me in to this deal? :)

3. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
    Sorry, but I've never had one. My motivation is to use this opportunity to try one out and see if I like it. This is by far the cheapest fisheye for MFT out there from what I've read/seen (the lumix 8mm one is 300% of this current $210 price), and the quality is frequently praised, though some do say there is a bit of variance in that. But if you've already tried a fisheye, that argument won't work for you :)

4. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    smoking awesome deal for this lens.

I'm leaving m4/3 for the most part, but I'll keep a body just for this lens.

5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Yeah, you can't beat the price. Unless I'm mixing up lenses in my head these regularly sell for more than $210 used.

6. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
    Here is a nice review, also another one here, both with sample images. I was reading up to make sure I wanted to let the order stand; I do. Half hour left.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.