1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm f/3.5 fisheye MFT lens, $209.99 Amazon lightning deal (expired)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by MadMan, Nov 15, 2013.

1. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
    Just over 90 minutes remain on the lightning deal at the moment I post this.

This lens normally goes for $269, so pretty good deal. Checking various sites for reviews, most people are very positive about it's ability/value. It should be noted though that there is no electrical connection, you have to set the camera to shoot without lens, and put in Aperture mode & manipulate aperture/focus manually.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TOU804/ref=ox_ya_os_product

p.s. If you have a Chase Freedom card, charge it to that and get an extra 5% ($10.50) off -- assuming you have activated your quarterly cashback promotion & haven't already bought $1500 of stuff with it at amazon!

2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Nice deal. I had a fisheye once, on my DSLR, and really didn't care for it. Any reason to think it will be better in m4/3s? In other words, can you talk me in to this deal? :)

3. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
    Sorry, but I've never had one. My motivation is to use this opportunity to try one out and see if I like it. This is by far the cheapest fisheye for MFT out there from what I've read/seen (the lumix 8mm one is 300% of this current $210 price), and the quality is frequently praised, though some do say there is a bit of variance in that. But if you've already tried a fisheye, that argument won't work for you :)

4. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    smoking awesome deal for this lens.

I'm leaving m4/3 for the most part, but I'll keep a body just for this lens.

5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Yeah, you can't beat the price. Unless I'm mixing up lenses in my head these regularly sell for more than $210 used.

6. MadMan

MadMan Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2013
    Here is a nice review, also another one here, both with sample images. I was reading up to make sure I wanted to let the order stand; I do. Half hour left.