1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Rokinon, Bower, Samyang 7.5mm what is the difference?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by So Thankful, Jul 7, 2015.

1. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    All these brands are sold at B&H with a few dollars price difference. They all look like the same lens. Are they?

2. RAH

RAH Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 1, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Rich
    Yes, they are identical. It is strange how they're all somewhat different prices, but that's the way it is. So, buy the cheapest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Aside from cosmetics, all are same lenses with different branding for different markets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Don't let them fool you--all the cool kids go Rokinon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    BTW... For those that don't know and who might be interested, Samyang is the "original" and Rokinon and Bower are the different brandings. Samyang is a Korean optics company and their headquarters is literally within 10 minutes of walking distance to where I live.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RAH

RAH Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 1, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Rich
    Christopher Frost, one of my favorite YouTube reviewers, even has a short video visiting the factory:

• Like Like x 1
  7. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Samyang lenses are definitely good value for money. I had the 14/2.8 back in my Canon FF days and now have the 7.5 FE. However... both suffer to some degree with focus scale calibration. The 14/2.8 also suffered from bad backlash in the focus mechanism too - the indicated focus distance would vary enormously according to the direction from which you'd set it. Still, IQ is excellent so I can't complain. The 7.5 FE is one of my favourite lenses.