1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Rokinon 85mm Olympus mount on G3/G5

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by juangrande, Dec 9, 2012.

1. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Does anyone know if the auto magnification works in the evf when manually focusing adapted Oly 4/3 mount lenses? I know you can work some custom dedicated buttons for this but how much nicer would it be if it just popped up when you adjust the focus on the lens like the natives do? Would the rokinon 85 1.4 and/or oly 50mm f2 engage this automatically on the panny bodies? If so, does the adapter that you use matter? I'm thinking this combo might be a viable and cheaper alternative to the new 60 and 75mm oly's if the manual focus isn't too difficult to see in the camera! If not then the nikon mount Roki and the 60mm micro would be even cheaper but more challenging. Any thoughts are comments are most appreciated!:smile:

2. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    The 85mm (f1.4) is manual focus only and is not coupled...your answer is no. For that matter auto-magnification will not work on Olympus or Panasonic 4/3 bodies either.

The Olympus 50mm f2 macro is coupled and auto-magnification will engage with a proper 4/3 to m4/3 adapter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Otherwise, a press of the thumbwheel will engage the magnification, as well as switch between shutter/aperture/exposure (depending on settings). Nothing to let it know to auto-activate, but as I only tend to use it during the fine-tuning, it works well.