1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Rokinon 7.5mm Fisheye for 239USD

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Steven, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    • Like Like x 4
  2. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    buydig and beach camera are the same company. They are reputable stores. I have bought camera gears from them several times since 2007.

3. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    That's a steal!

4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    This lens is a lot of fun, much more than I thought it would be when I bought it. I'd be all over this except that I've already got mine.

5. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Great deal, and I've bought from them in the past, perfectly fine to deal with.

6. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    <strike>Price is back up to $299 now. I'm not sure if I'm sad that I apparently missed this deal or happy that I'm able to hold onto my $240 for a bit longer. :wink:</strike>

EDIT: struck out incorrect info

7. threeclaws

threeclaws New to Mu-43

May 6, 2012
    You have to apply the code to get the discount, the deal is still going.

I picked one up, I've been looking to grab a panny 14mm but the prices on ebay keep going up so somehow I justified paying $240 for this :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  8. dwkdnvr

dwkdnvr Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    Denver
    First day on the forum, and you're already costing me money. Ordered this to play with as a poor-mans-wide since the 7-14 is so pricey.

9. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    D'oh! Sorry, I didn't read the original post carefully enough. Great, now I have to actually decide if this lens is worth $240 to me. Free shipping, too! Dangit, I'm feeling like my GAS may get the best of me on this one.

Maybe if I go look at some fisheye image threads for a while this deal will expire. :rolleyes:

10. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    I swore off buying more photo gear this year but this was too good to pass up.

Thanks to Paypal's "Bill me later" I have six months to figure out what to sell to pay for it!

I figure worst case I can play with it for a few months and get my $240 back on the used market, unless $240 becomes a common price (but I figure they were probably selling well at $299)

11. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I've also purchased fro them without problems. I think I'll pass on this, though. A fisheye is more of a gadget/occasional lens for me. Don't think I'd get enough use out of it. :tongue:

12. Pasukun

Pasukun Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2011
    Hmm.. the code is not found it says.

13. strang

strang Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2012
    Anyone know who they ship with?

So I can calculate the custom brokerage fees.

14. justin4192

justin4192 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2011
    Fairfax, VA, USA
    I got in on the deal! Looking forward to the new lens and taking it with me to Italy next month on my honeymoon.

15. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I tried a couple hours ago, and the code didn't work. I just tried again now, and it worked!

16. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Bought one too, thanks for the link. Now I need to decide what to sell to balance out the gear.

17. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    just bought one as well. I had been holding back on it at $350 and $300, but at $240... I can't hold off anymore lol. Can't wait to get this in the mail and test it out on some shoots. Should be a fun lens to play with.

18. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Item appears to be out of stock as of today. It's listed as "Not Available" on the website.

19. Nate8833

Nate8833 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 23, 2012
    I have to say that buydig has always been fantastic with shipping. I ordered the lens on Thursday using the free shipping, and I had it in my possession Saturday morning! Fantastic! Now if they would only carry Panasonic lenses...

20. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    I ordered mine at 10:30A on Thursday and according to their website it hasn't shipped yet! But it's good to hear that somebody actually got one so hopefully mine will arrive soon.

EDIT: Mine shipped yesterday, after I wrote the above. Scheduled delivery is tomorrow! Off to the buy/sell forum to generate some cash!