Rokinon 7.5mm - Amazon Lightning Deal - 8:30PST

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by carpandean, Nov 24, 2012.

1. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    Black and silver Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5 Fisheye lenses will be the lightning deal at 8:30PST today (11/24). Don't know what the deal will be, but they are usually pretty good.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    I dunno, but I'll be checking it out. I bought one from Amazon on October 29 and Amazon is usually pretty good about matching prices for 30 days - although a lightning deal may not qualify as a "price drop". I got a $50 refund on the Sigma 30mm lens I bought just before the holiday price dropped to $150.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Like Like x 1
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Good catch, thanks. I've been trying to trade for one of these. May just go ahead and buy one if the price is right. :thumbup:
  4. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    I havent checked up on Panasonic 8mm m43 for awhile and was quite surprised that they go for $599 now. Last time they were still $700+. A 'like new' amazon warehouse deal is available at $575.. But I dont think its worth going that route for just $25 savings.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. incabloc

incabloc Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
  6. Nepherim

Nepherim Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2012
    NJ, USA
    $230 is the deal. I'm in.
  7. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    tks! good deal on this
  8. Nepherim

Nepherim Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Doh, I clicked the silver one, and I wanted the black. Duh.
  9. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    That was quick, within a minute 100% were claimed!

The deal was okay. Not necesarily an impulse buy price.
  10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Wow, that was over fast!
  11. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Wow! I looked away for one minute, and GONE.
  12. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Ya have to join the wait list and then stay logged into Amazon for awhile - as they filter the orders you may find that you made the cut after all. Happened to me last week - all items were sold, I was on the wait list and after about 10 minutes the system caught up with the orders and I found that I was on the 'got it' list.

I did post a note to Amazon staff asking if I am eligible for a refund of the price difference on the deal today; I paid $285 on October 29th. Never hurts to ask, last time they agreed and I got a $50 credit.

$229 a pretty good price for the Rokinon :thumbup:.

13. Nepherim

Nepherim Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2012
    NJ, USA
    I got a silver one, realized my mistake, joined the wait list for a black (with a 'poor' chance), and then got notification that I got the deal for the black. So I ended up with a black. Yay.

Checkout was odd though. It kept the price at $279 all the way until the very last checkout page when the Instant Deal price was reflected.
  14. badcatgary

badcatgary Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2012
    Denver, CO
    There is still a chance! I just joined the wait lists and was offered both black and silver within minutes. I bought the black!
  15. Bob T

Bob T Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2012
    Carol Stream, IL
    Yes, same here.:smile:
  16. Ralser

Ralser Mu-43 Regular

May 28, 2011
    I just ordered the black one, got offered both after being on the wait list.
  17. wands

wands New to Mu-43

Nov 24, 2012
    Miami, FL
    First post as new member. Been lurking a long time. Like a straight 12 hours since yesterday. Ordered the silver, then the black was available, so ordered the black and cx the silver. Thanks so much for the info.

Olympus PL1 and PL5 on the way this week also. Woohoo.

18. Joon525

Joon525 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 24, 2012
    I guess Amazon emails you if your waitlist status is good enough to get one?
    Do they send a message to let you know you're NOT getting one as well?
    *crossing fingers*

Nevermind, I just refreshed the page and saw it was available. (Got the black one)
  19. Nepherim

Nepherim Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2012
    NJ, USA
    @Joon525: I kept the web page open, reloaded every now and then (you don't really need to do this though), and it popped up. I didn't wait for emails.
  20. RobertinArabia

RobertinArabia Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2012
    Bummer. They said I had the deal. I got to the last page to confirm order and page froze. |Went back to original page and notice popped up saying I had missed the deal.