Rokinon 12mm and Auto ISO

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Angfloz, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Angfloz

Angfloz New to Mu-43

Mar 1, 2016
    Hi guys tried searching but couldn't find anything. I have an em10 and just got the Rokinon 12mm. Focusing and aperture ring work fine, but I noticed while shooting in A mode the auto ISO defaults to 1600. I checked my settings and the default for auto ISO is 200. I can manually set the ISO to whatever I want and take a clear sharp picture, but once auto is selected it defaults again for 1600. Any ideas on what going on?
  2. MoonMind

MoonMind Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    Sorry to have to ask that, but did you experience this at all apertures or only at the smallest aperture? What was the shutter speed? Did you adjust the I.S. to be aware of the 12mm lens? I ask because I do use Samyang (Rokinon, Walimex ...) lenses myself and never had in problems with them, so there most be something wrong along the lines of a) operator error (absolutely no offence meant - we all do stuff like this) or b) settings fumble (very easy on Olympus bodies in general).

3. Angfloz

Angfloz New to Mu-43

Mar 1, 2016
    Thanks for your reply. It happens at all apertures. I set the IS at 12mm. The camera automatically sets the iso to the highest settings when on auto. If set the iso limit to 25000, the auto iso will set itself at 25000.
  4. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2014
    hi op i have the rok12/2 albeit on an epm-1 and its one of my fave lenses.
    im not sure if my experiences are the same but when i set it to auto-iso, it will most often than not, default to max auto-iso setting (1600) unless youre shooting in actual daylight. it seems the camera meter is trying to preserve high shutter speeds (60+) at the expense of increased iso. try shooting/metering in actual daylight with open aperture and see if the auto-iso drops down, my guess is it should. this is most noticable also when you are using the default (esp?) metering method.
    its also the main reason why i never use auto-iso.
  5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

What shutter speed is it selecting and is the exposure correct?
  6. Angfloz

Angfloz New to Mu-43

Mar 1, 2016
    Exposure is correct shutter is on auto.
  7. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Hi, need to know the actual shutter speed...