Roermond

marlof

Mu-43 Regular
Today I spent some time in Roermond, a small city in the south of The Netherlands. I used my relatively new E-P1 and the 17 pancake. I'm still getting used to the camera, but I'm having more and more fun.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

the marketplace with St. Christopher's church

the beautiful top stories of an ugly store front (Specsavers)

no Dutch city without bikes.

marlof

Mu-43 Regular
Well, the most difficult right now is to find the best in camera exposure. In some cases the highlights clip very easily, but sometimes when using exposure compensation, the resulting image is severely underexposed in some parts. This happened in the B&W picture. That's not always a problem, since I wanted to do this in B&W anyhow, and this particular contrasty preset benefits from grain. But other times, exposure compensation in editing leads to too much noise.

So my main search with this camera now is how to expose properly. It'll take some time before I'll know what to do, given the possibilities of this sensor and the metering. It does help that I recently found out that I had Live View Boost on, which didn't help at all: exposure compensation didn't reflect in the Live Histogram. So I wrestle on...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom