Rockets not allowed on planes, what next?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Oz-and-Beyond, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Oz-and-Beyond

Oz-and-Beyond New to Mu-43

Jan 27, 2012
  2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011

Didn't the Allies drop 10,000 Giottos Rocket Air Puffers on Dresden during WWII ...

3. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
  4. TSA.....

What next? Would any terrorist smuggle a bomb onto an airliner disguise looking like a bomb? Underwear is more of a bomb threat than a bulb blower. Maybe no one should be allowed on board wearing underwear? Maybe too much "discretion of the individual TSA screener"? The inconsistencies and sometime hard attitude is a bit of pain.
  5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    When I fly, there are many which I believe should not wear undies. (All in the name of national security of course.)
  6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

All naked airways ... the safest and most fun you can have in the air! Fat old and ugly not allowed ... not discriminating just discerning.
  7. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    You think an air blower is tough to get on a plane with, you should try my predicament...
    I have to travel with a 26 pound dialysis machine, which requires three bags of fluid totaling 12 Litres, plus 50 feet of tubing and other medical accessories. The machine is designed to comply with carry on restrictions, and cannot be shipped as regular luggage, as there s o guarantee it will arrive when I do, hence I have to carry it with me. You should see the look of security when it is presented, and the fear in their eyes when I show them the 2 feet of tubing coming out of my belly, I'm sure one or two have thought the bomb was implanted in my chest cavity, and my catheter was the detonation switch. Flying is now truly an experience. Be thankful they only want to confiscate your blower, and not your kidneys, so to speak.
  8. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    "The inconsistencies and sometime hard attitude is a bit of pain."

Indeed. The most infuriating thing (other than the whole existence of the TSA, and the abandonment of our 4th Amendment Rights) is the radical inconsistency of it all. I travel a LOT for business, and every airport, every time, is a little different than the last airport, the last time. Drives me nuts.
  9. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

"it apparently bears too strong a resemblance to a cartoon bomb to make it past security"

Ah, security theater... the perfect defense against terrorism theater.
  10. jff1625

jff1625 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    can you at least carry one in your checked-in baggage?