1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Rock on 25mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Iansky, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I stopped on the way home tonight as I was attracted to the sky, once again the GX1+25mm combo has delivered and I am happy with the result.

The_old_barn.
    DMC-GX1    LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25/F1.4    25mm    f/4.0    1/1000s    ISO 160

• Like Like x 8
  2. riveredger

riveredger Mu-43 Regular

Aug 30, 2010
    Northern NJ
    Nice shot. A shame those power lines are there, though.

3. kenc

kenc Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2011
    Were they there in the scene, or did you add them in post-processing?

Seriously, I actually don't mind them. They add a touch of authenticity which offsets the whole "art photograph" thing. Nice shot.

4. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Oh the luxury of time to clone them out - if I was going to print large format I may well dedicate the time but apologies in advance, I do not have the time to do more than the basics (the Raw files do not require it either) before posting.

As eluded to by Kenc, they are authentic and a natural part of the scenery.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I agree. Beyond dust spots on the sensor or hot pixels, cloning stuff out in landscape photography rubs me the wrong way.

Nice capture!

DH

6. riveredger

riveredger Mu-43 Regular

Aug 30, 2010
    Northern NJ
    lol no apologies necessary :thumbup: I find that most of my landscape shots have power lines in them, as well. It's part of the civilized society we live in. Although, I have removed the power lines a few times using the content-aware fill method in CS5. It's really quick and works well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.