Rock Band Time Lapse on GF1

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by yourguitarhero, Dec 22, 2011.

  1. yourguitarhero

    yourguitarhero Mu-43 Regular

    Jul 29, 2011
    I used my GF1 and an external intervalometer to make this video for my band's demo:

    [ame=""]The Vaccine by Longhorn[/ame]

    It was fun - took a while to figure out the intervals and final frame rates etc, and lots of number sequences, prefixes and put photos in folders.

    One of the reasons I went for a GF1 over a GF2 was the ability to use an external controller.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The Minimalist

    The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

    Nov 19, 2011
    :2thumbs:I enjoyed that, I recomend viewing this at full screen mode.
  3. zpierce

    zpierce Super Moderator

    Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Real Name:
    Very cool! Can you tell us a little more about how you did it? Time lapse is something on my to try list :) What did you use for the intervalometer, and what did you use to create the final video?
  4. yourguitarhero

    yourguitarhero Mu-43 Regular

    Jul 29, 2011
    Well, the intervalometer is this:

    It has a few timer functions and works as a remote shutter release (good for long exposures on tripod so you don't shake the camera).

    I took all the pics on low quality JPEG.
    Put them into Capture One Pro software and processed them into 800x600 JPEGs at numbered starting at 001, a folder for each different 'scene' (there are 5). The files had an alphabetical prefix too.

    I then put the music file into Wavelab software and listened through and noted the times and durations of the sections, did some calculations and worked out how many frames I'd need for each scene (either at 6fps or 10fps) and which gigs had the most frames.
    Once I'd planned it out I put the frames into folders for each scene.

    Loaded up Quicktime Pro and did "load image sequence" and selected the folder for each scene and the correct frame rate (it loads the image sequences as a whole folder).
    Saved each scene as a .MOV file.

    I then used a piece of software called AVS4U my friend gave me, put all the scenes in order and loaded in the WAV file. I added the little television interference effect at the end with that.

    Then export as "HD video for Youtube" and uploaded.

    I guess the only thing that took a bit of time was setting the intervals. I found every 6 seconds seemed to work OK and gave a decent number of frames to work with.

    Looked at how many frames there were for the scenes and figured out
    • Like Like x 1