Robin Wong's Ten Things OM Digital Solutions must do...

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
I usually buy a new phone either when it breaks or the battery is finished. Currently I have Motorola Moto G8 Power, with 5000 mAh battery and is splash-proof. I got it for 150 € last Black Friday, it's the cheapest phone I have ever bought, great deal, -100 € for almost new model.

Like I said, I'll wait for the phone camera technology improvements to slow down to put more money into a phone camera. Makes no sense to me to upgrade phones often at this point, when you have to pay yourself sick to get the latest features which improve in a fast pace.

I basically always have at least my Think Thank Retrospective 5, PEN-F and a couple lenses with me. No problem for me to carry that.
Me too. I cannot understand how the average turnover rate of phones in Australia is something like 6-12 months! I loathe and detest changing phones ...

When I say that I have the phone within reach 24/7, I'm not kidding. When I have a shower, I place it so that it overhangs the edge of the bathroom bench by about 1 centimetre so that I can both see it and reach it from floor level ...
Ask me how I know that this is important for me ... ;) .

RS86

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Riku
Me too. I cannot understand how the average turnover rate of phones in Australia is something like 6-12 months! I loathe and detest changing phones ...

When I say that I have the phone within reach 24/7, I'm not kidding. When I have a shower, I place it so that it overhangs the edge of the bathroom bench by about 1 centimetre so that I can both see it and reach it from floor level ...
Ask me how I know that this is important for me ... ;) .

Well the cameras are evolving constantly at a fast pace currently, so phone manufacturers are thriving. Anyone have guesses if that will slow down, and at what point?

I bet having a phone with you 24/7 related to safety concerns. I almost do too, but not in the shower, heh.

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
Well the cameras are evolving constantly at a fast pace currently, so phone manufacturers are thriving. Anyone have guesses if that will slow down, and at what point?

I bet having a phone with you 24/7 related to safety concerns. I almost do too, but not in the shower, heh.
You're right.

Being face down on the floor for 30-60 minutes, unable to reach the phone on the kitchen bench sort of focuses your attention to the minutiae of life. Followed by 16 hours in the local hospital emergency. Then a trip to my cardiologist the next day. All good fun!

Ford Prefect might know where his towel is; I know where my phone is ... :rofl: .

AmritR

Mu-43 Regular
“Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches smartphones are a pretty neat idea...

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches smartphones.”

(edit: saw Ford Prefect being mentioned.
Source of the above
Just realised that source off the text might (unfortunately) not be so obvious to everyone )

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom