Robin Wong - MC-20 Teleconverter - Hands On Impression

Robert Evangelista

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Robert Evangelista
Said with a good natured smile, i often think this guy could make beer bottle results look good.

Interesting and encouraging though.
I looked at the Early reviews and information by others with extra caution.
Because they are saying they are getting Unsharp results.
However What I saw from their one sample is Poor Technique.

That is why on Significant products like this, we must only rely on tried and tested people that always perform with extensive test and comparison.

Compared to some people that spent 30 minutes using the product, never made an effort to check their technique then Shoot down a product without due diligence.
I also see people don't take advantage of the full potential of some products, and blames the product right away. It is sad sometimes.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I am waiting to see what the Australian price is. If not too expensive I will probably pick one up.

Edit:
Just saw the initial Australian prices. At just shy of $700.00 I wont rush in :(

Real Name
Loren
Good, balanced review, as always. I hadn’t realized we’d lose a stop of image stabilization as well. I agree with Robin that it’s not a big deal, but it’s interesting nonetheless. I wonder if there was a proportional loss of IS with the MC-14?

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I hadn’t realized we’d lose a stop of image stabilization as well. I agree with Robin that it’s not a big deal, but it’s interesting nonetheless. I wonder if there was a proportional loss of IS with the MC-14?
If you look at the chart from the Olympus website the answer is yes, one stop loss with either converter.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

CyVan

Mu-43 All-Pro
This has got to be one of the few times I've ever seen someone with the 40-150 Pro and thought it looked 'small' :biggrin:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

fader

Mu-43 Top Veteran
even the 300mm is small by 35mm standards. Ever seen he Canon / Nikon guys with a 600mm rig? Looks like a bazooka.

Robert Evangelista

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Robert Evangelista
Said with a good natured smile, i often think this guy could make beer bottle results look good.

Interesting and encouraging though.

He is once suspected of using milk bottles in place of lenses and the output still looks sharp
Some say, instead of wearing a watch, he wears intervalometer.
Some say, his eyes is f/0.9 to f/64.
Some say, his arms adds another 3 stops of Image Stabilization. if he did not drink coffee for 1 week.
Some say, his fingers instead of creating smudges it actually provides UV coating for lenses.
Some say, he first spoken word as a baby is "Bokeh"
Some say, he talks to cameras and the camera errors magically disappears.
Some say, he memorized the OMD menu system from start to finish.
Some say, cats like him because he smells like spam.
Some say, his post processing speed is off the charts fast because of his DOTA experience.
Some say, he uses Sony, Canon, Nikon gear in secret, I say he don't need to, he can use a potato camera and it will still look descent.
Some say, he is Mr. Wong, I say he is Mr. Right.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom