Robin Wong hints at new (Olympus?) product?

ibd

Mu-43 Veteran
I checked the EXIF, but it was stripped. If you check the page source, it also has a renamed filename (not following the usual Pxxxxx.jpg pattern), so clearly it was intentionally done to stop people trying to be clever (like me). :p

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I checked the EXIF, but it was stripped. If you check the page source, it also has a renamed filename (not following the usual Pxxxxx.jpg pattern), so clearly it was intentionally done to stop people trying to be clever (like me). :p
I tried that too, but didn’t have much hope that he’d make the mistake of leaving it in.

ibd

Mu-43 Veteran
Either that or a new PEN possibly. Or maybe a new wide-to-normal to complement my 12-45mm PRO? :flypig:
Olympus did patent a 8-25mm f/4 a while back, but I doubt it would be released before the often-teased super teles (100-400 and 100-450).

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Olympus did patent a 8-25mm f/4 a while back, but I doubt it would be released before the often-teased super teles (100-400 and 100-450).
Agreed. But that selfie doesn’t look like it was taken with a 100-400/450 focal length. And certainly even Robin Wong couldn’t handhold the 100-450 singlehandedly! 😝

Dave Black

Mu-43 Regular
Interesting tease halfway through this article
https://robinwong.blogspot.com/2020/06/a-weekend-returning-to-normal.html:

Intriguing.
Most likely a E-M10 MkIV. Jimmy Chen (Red35) just did an end term review of the E-M10 MkIII. When he did an end of term review for the E-M5 MkII the E-M5 MkIII were announced a month later. Same thing when he did the end of term review of the E-M1 MkII the MkIII was announced a month later. There is a new Olympus camera body that got permitted in Russia. This means a camera announcement in the next month or two.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Most likely a E-M10 MkIV. Jimmy Chen (Red35) just did an end term review of the E-M10 MkIII. When he did an end of term review for the E-M5 MkII the E-M5 MkIII were announced a month later. Same thing when he did the end of term review of the E-M1 MkII the MkIII was announced a month later. There is a new Olympus camera body that got permitted in Russia. This means a camera announcement in the next month or two.
A replacement already, didn't the EM10-mk3 just come out a year or two ago?

hoodlum

Mu-43 Veteran
The E-M10iii is so close in size and weight to the E-M5iii that the E-M10iv needs to go much smaller to help separate it. My guess is that it would be all plastic? Maybe they could do a rangefinder look with the EVF in the top left corner if they didn't plan on doing an update to the PEN-F.

Aristophanes

Mu-43 Top Veteran
If so, the 16MP sensor is no longer being made.

Alex2

Mu-43 Rookie
I guess it is indeed a phone: there is a distinct lack of detail in the picture (look at Robin's face and shirt and compare to the picture that is shown above it). The whole picture is overcooked - too much color, no detail in the highlights.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Olympus register two new items last month, they might be the ones he's referring to. If I had to guess I'd say the lens is the 100-400 NON Pro. And the camera? Anything from a new tough to a Pen F II.

But there have been a few comments from Robin and other Visionaries that things slated for this year and early next should still be released.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom