Robin Wong/Eric Kim on the Oly OMD for street photography

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by asaulo1, Mar 12, 2012.

1. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AdamThirtle

AdamThirtle Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Newcastle, UK
    You have to do a shot of rum every time Erik Kim says 'Leica'
  3. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    just like the Bridesmaid's cast.... Scorcese... Scorcese....
  4. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Eric Kim annoys me, if he ever snapped a shot of me on the street I'd punch him in the face. :cool::tongue:
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    The only bit of interest was the viewfinder fogging other than that,blah,blah,blah. Second review I've heard the fogging mentioned, which has me a little concerned. Did oly rush this for release, and now the cut corner(s) are showing up? I hope it's just an issue with pre-production models. I didn't know about this when I played with one, else I would have asked the rep about it.
  6. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

LOL apparently you're not the only one. See section 2 "2. If you shot me in the face with a flash, I would punch you in the face"

How To Deal With Haters On The Internet
  7. napilopez

napilopez Contributing Editor

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    Reps have already replied about this issue, stating that it's a pre-release error and that final models won't have this issue. Hopefully not!
  8. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Artistically I like his work. So I'm not hating on that. It's his presence that annoys me. I bump into all sorts of hipster/rangefinder snobs in LA that just grind me the wrong way! :biggrin:
  9. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

We agree on that. I can tolerate his "in your face with a smile" style, even though I think it's terribly rude, invasive, unnecessary and often spoils the candid moment.

What I can't stand is his pompus "ethics of street photography" thing. First of all, how presumptuous is it for him of all people to come along out of nowhere and declare ethics standards for street photographers? Next, don't take pictures of homeless people? Don't shoot street performers (but do shoot rentacops, concessioners and other folks on the grind)? Give me a break! That's what's on my street! Like where I live, not where I go on photo safari on the other side of the world, ya dig? I'd like to have him come stand on my street and pick out who's "homeless". He's absolutely mired in the guilt of his bougie privileged existence, and it shows in his work and his words.
    • Like Like x 5