Roberts Camera Drops price again -- $599 for E-P5, VF4, & 17mm

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by steve16823, Dec 4, 2015.

1. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    The thanks go to Oly.Sol who referred to this deal in another thread. Thought I would re-post here, because it is definitely at HOT DEAL. Must be a new Pen announcement in January?

2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Rumors are a re-designed PEN with a built in viewfinder.

At that price, I'm almost interested in getting that kit and selling off the 17/1.8 for a bonus savings. The PEN style always interested me, but I need a viewfinder. Interested, though in what Olympus puts into the new PEN coming soon.
  3. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    The E-P5 must be the ultimate small, rangefinder-style, interchangeable lens camera this side of a Leica - but the lack of an EVF is a killer for me. The VF4 is superb of course, but it's a pain having to mount and unmount it and I was always worried about bashing it when I had one.
  4. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    As much as I loved my EP5+VF4 combo when I had it, the accessory EVF is soooo 2 years old thing. I cannot find a single thing about EP5 that would make it to stand out from current m43 bodies lineup.
    On the good news: VF4 eye sensor works with EP5 (with latest firmware)
  5. jziegler

jziegler Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Salem County, New Jersey
    I ordered this morning, and have a tracking number already. I actually cancelled my Panasonic 25mm lens order at B&H it order to get this. I didn't need another camera, but the lens alone is wort a good bit of this price.
  6. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    Well, there's price. :) I figure i'm getting the body, conservatively, for about $200. (valuing the 17mm at $300 and the VF-4 at $100).
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee

May 3, 2013
    Or put another way, it's about as good as the newest M43 bodies lineup :)

EP5 + VF4 + 17mm for $600 is an incredible package.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. shaolinmonk

shaolinmonk Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    Toronto Canada
    i had the ep5.. it's not but the epl7 is better bang for the buck and smaller.. but the ep5 has that classic design and build quality
  9. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I paid almost that much for my 15mm f1.7 alone, right after paying that much for my GX7 alone.....

10. ibcj

ibcj Mu-43 Regular

Oct 15, 2011
    This deal gave me opportunity to get back into the M43 format at a reasonable price point. As someone who doesn't need the latest tech anymore, I love that the M43 bodies are offered at such a great discount as they age.
    • Agree Agree x 2