Roberts Camera Drops price again -- $599 for E-P5, VF4, & 17mm

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by steve16823, Dec 4, 2015.

1. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    The thanks go to Oly.Sol who referred to this deal in another thread. Thought I would re-post here, because it is definitely at HOT DEAL. Must be a new Pen announcement in January?

2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Rumors are a re-designed PEN with a built in viewfinder.

At that price, I'm almost interested in getting that kit and selling off the 17/1.8 for a bonus savings. The PEN style always interested me, but I need a viewfinder. Interested, though in what Olympus puts into the new PEN coming soon.

3. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    The E-P5 must be the ultimate small, rangefinder-style, interchangeable lens camera this side of a Leica - but the lack of an EVF is a killer for me. The VF4 is superb of course, but it's a pain having to mount and unmount it and I was always worried about bashing it when I had one.

4. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    As much as I loved my EP5+VF4 combo when I had it, the accessory EVF is soooo 2 years old thing. I cannot find a single thing about EP5 that would make it to stand out from current m43 bodies lineup.
    On the good news: VF4 eye sensor works with EP5 (with latest firmware)

5. jziegler

jziegler Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Salem County, New Jersey
    James
    I ordered this morning, and have a tracking number already. I actually cancelled my Panasonic 25mm lens order at B&H it order to get this. I didn't need another camera, but the lens alone is wort a good bit of this price.

6. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    Well, there's price. :)  I figure i'm getting the body, conservatively, for about $200. (valuing the 17mm at $300 and the VF-4 at $100).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MarkRyan

MarkRyan Instagram: @MRSallee Subscribing Member

May 3, 2013
    California
    Or put another way, it's about as good as the newest M43 bodies lineup :) 

EP5 + VF4 + 17mm for $600 is an incredible package.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. shaolinmonk

shaolinmonk Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    Toronto Canada
    i had the ep5.. it's not but the epl7 is better bang for the buck and smaller.. but the ep5 has that classic design and build quality

9. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

I paid almost that much for my 15mm f1.7 alone, right after paying that much for my GX7 alone.....

:crying:

10. ibcj

ibcj Mu-43 Regular

Oct 15, 2011
    This deal gave me opportunity to get back into the M43 format at a reasonable price point. As someone who doesn't need the latest tech anymore, I love that the M43 bodies are offered at such a great discount as they age.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.