1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

RMS to M42 adapters

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by OzRay, May 10, 2010.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    For those interested in macrophotography with microscope lenses, RJ have now also made up some adapters that will take the standard RMS microscope objective thread. These come in M42 thread mount, so you'd need an M42 to m4/3s adapter, or any other mount depending on what you want to use.

RMS Thread to M42 Adapter for microscope objective cone - eBay (item 350352400700 end time Jun-09-10 05:49:48 PDT)

RMScone-1.

RMS Thread to M42 Adapter for microscope objective flat - eBay (item 200470968028 end time Jun-09-10 05:51:46 PDT)

RMSflat-1.

Cheers

Ray

• Like Like x 1
  2. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

Great find! One of my other pursuits is wood- and linoleum-block prints, usually abstract. I can see a never-ending string of ideas coming from a rig like this one. Have you tried it?

3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I've just ordered one, as they've only become available just now. I asked a while back if these could be made and here they are. :smile:

Cheers

Ray

• Like Like x 1
  4. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

Hope you'll post a shot or three when you get yours set up.

5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    Will do.

Cheers

Ray

6. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Thats really cools stuff. I've got a m43 to t-mount(m42 I think) coming and a t-mount to standard telescope 1.25 inch focuser adapter as well. One of the reasons I wanted to go down the slr route to begin with: prime telescope photography.

I can't wait for the microscope pics to start coming in.

7. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Thanks for the post. Now I have something to use the microscope objectives I have around.