rm-uc1 glitch?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by squeegee, May 2, 2010.

1. squeegee

squeegee Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Does anyone have a remote cable for either their e-p1 or e-p2 that could run a test for me? ... I think mines got a glitch and I wanna know if it's just mine or if they've all got this glitch.

1) set your camera to "sequential" picture mode (where if you hold the shutter button down it keeps taking pictures). Press the remote shutter button "once" and let it go. Does the camera keep taking pictures as if the button is stuck down?

2) set your focus to single-auto-focus. Point your camera at something where it can not achieve focus - like at something 10cm away. Now press the remote shutter button. What does the camera do? Mine gets "stuck" it fails to focus and flashes the green dot. Nothing subsequent works, I have to unplug the cable before it resets everything. (come to think about it, sound like the buttons stuck down again but in non-focus mode, maybe my button's just sticky).

3) when my cable is plugged in, even without doing anything, if I press the shutter button, the half-press concept is gone, the half press will do a shutter release right away.

2. squeegee

squeegee Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 26, 2010
    I found out the problem, it's some of the cheap after market remote shutter releases uses the wrong method of shutter release. It binds ping 3+4 permanently. This is detailed further in another posting I'm about to write on how to make your own shutter release cable.