RIP Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by KVG, Oct 5, 2011.

1. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    A true visionary. Turned vision into reality. Rest in peace.

Apple and the Jobs family are taking messages at:
  3. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    WOW. Very sad news.

4. SteveNunez

SteveNunez Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    South Florida
    Steve Nunez
  5. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Very sad.. that Pancreatic cancer is a bitch.
  6. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Never met him, and certainly he seemed pretty demanding, but thank you, Steve, for humanizing computers for us all.
  7. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Steve Jobs provided me with a good portion of my livelihood, and continues to do so today. His impact on modern society will long be discussed.

A modern day Da Vinci who's vision changed entire industries and the habits of millions.

A sad loss for the Apple community, and the family of man.
  8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    He had his faults (who doesn't), but he was a brilliant man with a compelling image of what computing should be. It's hard to lose someone like that.
  9. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Yep, I'm definitely not a fan of Apple nor of his business models. But he was a truly inspirational man who earned all of the credit he was given. The tech industry lost an important man today.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Jobs is a guy that will never rest ... Godspeed Steve Jobs, your work is now set to transform Heaven.

11. walt_tbay

walt_tbay Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Definitely the end of an era...
  12. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    This is indeed sad. I have for a long time kept this quote on the home page of my Visual Communications website:
    "The only way to do great work is to love what you do."
    - Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs was an inspiration to many of us, especially those of us who lead our work through passion.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    This is very sad. The man was a true visionary. He made the world better.

Rest in peace, Steve.
  14. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Even though I thought this was coming, I'm shocked.

Very sad.

<embed src=";hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>
  15. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    RIP Steve, you'll be missed. Thank you for "Toy Story".
  16. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    First Bill Gates steps aside and now Steve Jobs passes. True visionary with amazing style...

I guess we are approaching the dawn of a new era but don't really see who is set to step into their shoes to take on global domination.. it's all corporate now vs. individual visionary... :frown:
  17. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Like any death, even if you see it coming its a bit of a shock. I don't know if Jobs was an inspirational man or not, but he was clearly a visionary / genius who has had and will continue to have a HUGE influence on how we live our daily lives. I wish his friends and family peace.

I also wonder how Apple will do without him. Once evolutionary changes to the products he envisioned don't cut it anymore and its time for somebody to have the next great idea - will someone there have it? And even if they do, will they be able to kick all of the right asses to bring it to fruition? I don't know, but I have my doubts. That was what Jobs did brilliantly and to say he'll be missed is an enormous understatement.

18. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Bill Gates always said that he wished he had Steve Jobs' taste.
  19. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Definitely not an Apple fan, never have been, but I had the utmost respect for Steve Jobs and all that he accomplished. He was a true visionary and his innovations pushed an entire industry to keep pushing the envelope. He will be missed.
    • Like Like x 2