Ricoh GXR Leica Mount

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by KS11, Aug 6, 2011.

1. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    didn't see another post on this, so here goes....the new leica mount to the GXR system.....lens mount on a interchangeable sensor sounds more interesting than a package with sensor + lens.

Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Preview: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

now please bring out the m4/3's mount on gxr and perhaps people will start buying them!:biggrin:

interesting has no AA filter on it....
  2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Really interesting, but a bit expensive. I think the 1.5 crop (compared to 2x on m4/3) and the better camera operation (compared to an NEX) will get some M users to sit up an look. However, it's only 12 MP. Unless it controls noise like the X100 and has awesome dynamic range it's going to be a hard sell at $699.00. If it had the 14 or 16mp Sony sensors that are around now they'd sell a stack of them.

3. songs2001

songs2001 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    It's actually 1,000 dollars. You will need a body along with the m mount sensor.
  4. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Every lens has a different sensor= BIG $$$$$$$$$
  5. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    I did wonder if this will open up the M to 'x' adaptor market for anything with an appropriate flange-distance ?

In effect this would mean you can now mount most legacy glass onto the GXR.
  6. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Yeah I saw the announcement was a bit confused by the system.

Haven't really seen how the system actually performs and Im curious if the M-mount works out. I guess time will tell but for me, a bit too complicated for an entry level system. Not really sure who it would appeal to actually.
  7. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    the gxr is a camera system i think some of us would really want to fall in love with, the idea is really out there and a good one...however does anybody think also that instead of packaging the lens with sensor, they should have just done what they doing now? such as packaging a interchangeable mount for different lens? or maybe do something like micro four thirds and release a ricoh mount that can take adaptors for legacy lens out there?
  8. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    I don't know. If you want the "true" Leica M experience you need a Leica M body with its famous viewfinder. If you just want a lower cost digital camera for mounting Leica M lenses you can buy a Sony NEX or M4/3 body with proper adapter ... I suspect either the Sony or the Olympus/Panasonic route would deliver better image quality for less money.