1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ricoh GXR Leica Mount

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by KS11, Aug 6, 2011.

1. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    didn't see another post on this, so here goes....the new leica mount to the GXR system.....lens mount on a interchangeable sensor sounds more interesting than a package with sensor + lens.

Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Preview: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

now please bring out the m4/3's mount on gxr and perhaps people will start buying them!:biggrin:

interesting though...it has no AA filter on it....

2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Really interesting, but a bit expensive. I think the 1.5 crop (compared to 2x on m4/3) and the better camera operation (compared to an NEX) will get some M users to sit up an look. However, it's only 12 MP. Unless it controls noise like the X100 and has awesome dynamic range it's going to be a hard sell at $699.00. If it had the 14 or 16mp Sony sensors that are around now they'd sell a stack of them.

Gordon

3. songs2001

songs2001 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    It's actually 1,000 dollars. You will need a body along with the m mount sensor.

4. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Every lens has a different sensor= BIG $$$$$$$$$

5. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    I did wonder if this will open up the M to 'x' adaptor market for anything with an appropriate flange-distance ?

In effect this would mean you can now mount most legacy glass onto the GXR.

6. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Yeah I saw the announcement was a bit confused by the system.

Haven't really seen how the system actually performs and Im curious if the M-mount works out. I guess time will tell but for me, a bit too complicated for an entry level system. Not really sure who it would appeal to actually.

7. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    the gxr is a camera system i think some of us would really want to fall in love with, the idea is really out there and a good one...however does anybody think also that instead of packaging the lens with sensor, they should have just done what they doing now? such as packaging a interchangeable mount for different lens? or maybe do something like micro four thirds and release a ricoh mount that can take adaptors for legacy lens out there?

8. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    I don't know. If you want the "true" Leica M experience you need a Leica M body with its famous viewfinder. If you just want a lower cost digital camera for mounting Leica M lenses you can buy a Sony NEX or M4/3 body with proper adapter ... I suspect either the Sony or the Olympus/Panasonic route would deliver better image quality for less money.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.