1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ricoh and M Mount

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by OzRay, Feb 2, 2011.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Ricoh Japan, yesterday or today, confirmed that it would issue an M Mount module for its GXR camera body, rather than the much awaited rumour about a m4/3s module. I doubt very much that a m4/3s module would be forthcoming now, or in the future, but the M Mount module is interesting.

Not only does the M Mount allow the use of said compatible lenses (including the LSM), but it opens up the format for just about any other manual lens on the market (via an adapter). A pretty smart move in many respects. But the interesting thing that I can see with this approach is the potential for an actual FF module to take M Mount and LSM lenses some time down the track.

I wonder if Ricoh were actually thinking this way from the outset?

Cheers

Ray

• Like Like x 2
  2. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    • Like Like x 2
  3. That's actually pretty cool. I quite like Ricohs...

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.