Rhodes City @ Night

Pablo

Mu-43 Regular
This wasn't taken with m/43 so I hope it is not a problem posting it here.
I made two versions of this image that differ only by the white balance settings. I'm not sure which one I prefer so I would like to get your opinion on it.

(click the photos for larger versions)

15541893198_2c3e65a147_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rhodes City
by Pablo Margulies, on Flickr

15542176199_3496a97043_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rhodes City v.2
by Pablo Margulies, on Flickr

Thanks,
Pablo

flamingfish

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Emily
Interesting. I prefer #1 because I think it looks more natural. To me, the blues in #2 are too vivid to seem natural for a shot that appears to have been taken toward the end of sunset.

Pablo

Mu-43 Regular
Interesting. I prefer #1 because I think it looks more natural. To me, the blues in #2 are too vivid to seem natural for a shot that appears to have been taken toward the end of sunset.

Thanks for your comment. The photo was actually quite a bit after sunset and it was an 8s exposure.

Joe King

Mu-43 Regular
Definitely the second one - much more pleasing sky with good contrast between the blue sky and the red/pink lingering in the clouds. Colours on the building on the left look more natural too. The other buildings have a slight greenish tinge to them. Assuming you're using Lightroom, you could try dragging the tint slider slightly to the right to see if that improves things.

Duncan

Mu-43 Regular
I prefer the first one because it looks more natural to me. The warmer colors and darker overall look are what I would expect to see with artificial light after sunset.

Pablo

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the comments.

I have posted the photos elsewhere as well and received mixed opinions, it is very interesting.

alan1972

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Alan Grant
I like the second one. Especially towards the left, both the building with the clock tower and the area of sky around that building seem more pleasing in the second photo.

Out of curiosity, do you have a preference yourself?

Pablo

Mu-43 Regular
I like the second one. Especially towards the left, both the building with the clock tower and the area of sky around that building seem more pleasing in the second photo.

Out of curiosity, do you have a preference yourself?

The second version was supposed to be the final one, and by that my choice, but my girlfriend preferred the first one and it got me baffled.

The feedback I received was approximately equal between the two so I guess there is room for both :biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom