1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Revised E-M1 PDF manual covering V4 firmware

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by MichaelSewell, Nov 21, 2015.

1. MichaelSewell

MichaelSewell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I did start a thread too, Version 4.0 Manual for E-M1 but it is interesting that they have taken the approach of staying with the Version 2 Manual & adding Chapter 15 Additions/modifications by firmware update (2.0, 3.0 & 4.0).

3. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Well it sure beats the last update where they didn't do anything with the v2 manual and then added a separate v3 addendum. I rather have the added chapter as long as everything is now in one pdf.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MichaelSewell

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    Personally, I think this is possibly a better approach.
    New owners will read the whole thing (Well, in theory).
    Old hands will just read chapter 15. Makes things a lot easier to find for long term users.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MichaelSewell

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    I realised much later.
    The annoying thing is I did actually search to see if anyone had already posted, and obviously missed your thread.
    I feel such a ruddy arse!

6. Ross the fiddler

No, don't feel like that at all. :)
    Searches don't always find what you want. The best example I can think of is when buying bits & pieces for photography such as components for tripod use etc on ebay & when I have decided on an item with double checked searches I buy it. A couple of days later I get an email with suggestions for related items to then find the perfect item that I wished I had found before. Them's the breaks! :rolleyes:

7. MichaelSewell

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    It's more the fact a forum needs duplicate threads like a hole in the head.
    Storage, bandwidth blah blah blah

I checked to see if I could delete it, but being the the thread starter, it wasn't an option. Some forum software allows it, or at least allows the flagging for a mod to delete.
    However, some forums dislike too much deleting of posts or threads, as it can start to make the place look disjointed and kind of screws up the flow of the conversations.

Consequently, I'll try and be a little more vigilant when starting a thread, but definitely bombed on this occasion.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  8. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
  9. MichaelSewell

Sep 1, 2015
    Burnley, UK
    Michael A. Sewell
    Thanks. I'll bear that in mind if I cock it up in future. I won't request the deletion of this thread, seeing as there are now several responses to it. I should have made the request as soon as I realised.

But thanks for the heads up :2thumbs:

10. Ross the fiddler

Maybe I'll add this helpful video from Mirrorlessons here too on the update (it has been shown before but I think it is relevant to include it here as well (as I did in Version 4.0 Manual for E-M1).