Reviewing Focus Point

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Slug, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Slug

Slug New to Mu-43

Dec 23, 2013
    Darwin, Oz
    I'm not sure if this even makes sense - but I'll ask anyway .....

How can I determine when reviewing images on my PC what the actual focus point is? I'm using Lightroom 5 and OV3 (rudimentary user of both!) - but can't see the facility in either to determine the exact focus point of the image.

Thanks In advance

2. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    The LR experts will need to chime in to answer your question, but I know in Aperture 3 you can see the focus distance and display the focal point as a small box on your image, so the info must be encoded in the file (at least in the RAW file from Oly bodies).

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Unfortunately, I don't believe this can be done with those programs. The information is in vendor-specific EXIF tags which Lightroom ignores. Olympus Viewer should have this ability (Canon and Nikon do in their software), but it doesn't. I recall that there is a utility called PhotoMe that has the ability, but I haven't used it.

4. HOLLYW00D

HOLLYW00D New to Mu-43

Nov 15, 2013
    PhotoMe does, indeed, show the focus point. however, it's depicted on a very small thumbnail preview of the open image (tested using RAW file format).

5. Slug

Slug New to Mu-43

Dec 23, 2013
    Darwin, Oz
    OK - thanks guys. I'll give PhotoMe a try ....

6. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    nyc
    What about Panasonic focus points? (m4/3 and compacts like LX7)

I can't remember if the LX7 came with any software but in any case I haven't used it.

I would love to be able to remind myself of the focus point.

7. marcr1230

marcr1230 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2013
    Apple's Aperture program shows the E-M1 focus point - you can toggle it on/off from the info tab

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.