1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Reviewing 1:1 on OMD EM1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mjgraaf, May 15, 2014.

1. mjgraaf

mjgraaf Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Menno
    When i want to look back a pic, i guess that i have to enlarge it roughly 14 times, right? Backscreen around 1mpixel, sensor around 16 mpixel. Or am i overlooking something?

sent from my Sony using Tapatalk...

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    I think the answer is about 4 times.
    Here is my calculation.
    A photo is 16MP.
    The LCD is 1MP.
    So a linear magnification of 4 on the LCD will display 1/16 by area.
    1/16 of the area is 1MP, and the LCD is 1MP, so it will be displayed at 1:1.

However the pixels are very tiny, so you may need to magnify more than 1:1 to actually see them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Close 'nuff for me. ;)  I don't see much need for knowing exactly where 1:1 is. xD

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Doubling the size adds 4x the pixels. That might help you in your calculations.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Note that if you're shooting RAW only, the previews are only ~8MP (3200x2400). If you're shooting Medium or Basic JPEGs, they're even smaller.

• Like Like x 3
  6. mjgraaf

mjgraaf Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Menno
    I wasn't realizing the square factor from magnification to # of pixels. Thanks, also for the warning for the max pic dimensions... I can still do much better in RTFM :) 

sent from my Sony using Tapatalk...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.