Review of redesigned Panasonic 14-140 f3.5-5.6 zoom lens

jnewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
I liked my (original version) 14-140mm but finally sold it because I have the pair of fast zooms and didn't see myself using the superzoom much anymore. But there are times I miss that huge focal range, and the lens was really optically very decent when you bear in mind the general compromise it represents over a more purpose-built lens.

I'm impressed they were able to improve on an already very good lens by making it faster, sharper, cheaper, smaller, and lighter. Not much more you could ask for in this type of lens I think.
I came close to selling mine when I got the 35-100/2.8, but the used prices weren't that great (from a seller's perspective) and I had the same thought about the long focal range and very good (though not excellent -but what do you want in a superzoom???) optical performance. I imagine the new version will further depress market prices for the original, so mine's probably safe. :smile:

Ian.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Ian
I like the thought of replacing both my 12-50 and 40-150 with it.
  • Now: 9-18, 12-50, 40---150
  • Plan: 9-18, 14---------140
Reducing the overlap from the 12-50 and losing the macro and PZ mode.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom