Review of Olympus XZ-1 on DPReview!

shoturtle

Looks to be a winner, but the price needs to come down a bit. It is more then the epl-1. Great option for a compact pocket cam for pen owners. Love that it can use the pens accessories.

playak47

Mu-43 Veteran
Price on the canon s95 is $469 on amazon. I don't see how the price will come down any time soon. Since I have e-pl1 with 20mm lens, I dont see myself spending money for this camera either. It looks very nice though.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
Price on the canon s95 is $469 on amazon. I don't see how the price will come down any time soon. Since I have e-pl1 with 20mm lens, I dont see myself spending money for this camera either. It looks very nice though.
The S95 goes on sale for between $300-$400 on Newegg quite often. You can get a refurbed S95 directly from Canon for $319. The LX5 is $400 on Amazon. I think the street price for this will need to be in line with those to be competitive.

I thought this would be a M43 sensor in a compact body ala the APS sensor in Sigma DP1/2s. That would have been awesome.

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
The S95 goes on sale for between $300-$400 on Newegg quite often. You can get a refurbed S95 directly from Canon for $319. The LX5 is $400 on Amazon. I think the street price for this will need to be in line with those to be competitive.

I thought this would be a M43 sensor in a compact body ala the APS sensor in Sigma DP1/2s. That would have been awesome.
It would have needed a much larger lens to get anywhere close to the same zoom range (which is the NEX achilles heel as well) - probably very tough to do with an m43 sized sensor and a fixed zoom. It could work with a fixed focal length (as it does with the Leica X-1 and hopefully will with the new Fuji), but not with a zoom of any consequence...

-Ray

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I kinda like it - shame they didn't resurrect the Pen EE designation :)

Still can't afford it though :-(

My EP1 is just a little bulky even with a pancake 17 or 20mm when on the turps or at a party so I've been eyeing up the lx3/s90 with interest waiting for the price-drop. Then again the iPod Touch / iPhone with the Hipstermatic software seems to be filling the 'party-cam' niche for a lot of people these days so does a P&S still have a future ?

stratokaster

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Pavel
I am not impressed. Sample images look very soft and devoid of details, although color is very attractive.

Fiddler

Mu-43 Veteran
Looks pretty good, but I'll stick with my EX1/TL500. I doubt if I'll ever buy another compact, now that I have discovered the joys of m4/3!

All the best,

Colin

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom