Review of Olympus 15

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by drd1135, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Zariell

Zariell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Very nice, personally I'm having a blast with the little guy, he small, cute, and if I was inclined I would call him George :p
  2. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Seriously. Sounds like he didn't even have one in hand, never got to use it and simple did a spec review and took the experience of others and careful made it seem as he own thoughts..

Not even a single exposure ...

Nothing new provided as well.. Overall, bad review from Hogan.
  3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    He did have one. He mentions that the infinity stop was sloppy on his sample. I always find Thom an acquired taste in the way he approaches things. ;-)
  4. IcemanYVR

IcemanYVR Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    I agree, I tried one yesterday, the lever could have been more "positive"with more resistance, but it's not bad, probably just not what we'd expect if it was a $3000 Summilux :wink:
  5. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    I picked one up today. I had been considering one for a while to make my GF3 more pocketable, and the Olympus reps were at my local camera store yesterday and today. I played with several copies, and noticed that the lens actually has four positions, not three. There is a distance setting, and there is also an infinity setting, and they are very close to each other. I am not certain if this was what Thom did not like, but it does feel a bit unusual if you are not aware that they are so close to each other. I am not expecting miracles, but for $49, I'm willing to give it a try.

P.S.. The Olympus reps had the new 17 with them, along with a whole host of lenses and bodies. I am seriously considering their new 60mm macro - my kind of lens.

6. macfish

macfish Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    Columbus OH USA
    Geez, it's a $50 "lens", I couldn't care less about an in-depth review with resolution charts, etc. If you buy it for what it is, you pretty much know what you're getting regardless of "reviews". Slap one on and have a little fun in your life!
    • Like Like x 2