MichaelSewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Michael A. Sewell
... Michael, great write-up and review. My question, can this be used as a remote release where the camera will auto-focus then activate the shutter. I downloaded the manual but nowhere can I find auto focus can be used. Thanks again.

Hi.

The Miops Smart is geared towards subjects that either require ultra quick response, such as water splashes etc, or are low light, such as lightning.
So in general, the user would pre-focus anyway.
That said, there is no reason auto focus wouldn't work, but you are introducing a delay, and should focusing take too long, due to a lack pf contrast etc, then the "pulse" from the Miops may have ended by the time focus is locked.
Really, this scenario is likely to be dependant on a number of factors, and would need to be tested to ensure success in a given situation.
The Miops Mobile allows you to set the length of pulse, which will allow for a longer period for the auto-focus. But I can't see any such adjustment available to the Miops Smart.

Out of interest, what scenario did you have in mind, requiring autofocus?

If I get ten minutes, I'll set something up in the studio and run a test for you. It may get to tomorrow, as I'm hosting a workshop today, sorry.

Last edited:

Sammyboy

m43 Pro
.... Thanks Michael. I'm aware of the features, what makes it so attractive is it's small size and the features packed into it. I was just thinking that if it did the auto-focus thing, It would eliminate the need to carry around a remote shutter release.

MichaelSewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Michael A. Sewell
.... Thanks Michael. I'm aware of the features, what makes it so attractive is it's small size and the features packed into it. I was just thinking that if it did the auto-focus thing, It would eliminate the need to carry around a remote shutter release.

I'll run a check for you. Using the "remote" options should be okay, but I'll check

MichaelSewell

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Michael A. Sewell

And if you want to talk small, you should look at Miops Mobile.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom