Retro

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by red, Dec 12, 2010.

1. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    Weekend work: I made pictures to visualize the different revisions of construction of the CURTA Type I calculator (4 diefferent Curtas, nine views). I used my GF1 with the Retro Lumax 1:3.5/35 - an English Lens from around the same time period as the Curtas.

curta1_1234.jpg

Curta Type 1 - comparison - Vergleich - comparaison (1949 1952 1955 1968)

You can selcect the Curta by Year (1949 • 1952 • 1955 • 1968) and nine different views by using the arrows (< > top right)

2. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    Very cool subject. Kinda looks like a cross between a camera lens (wish my calculator had knurling), a coffee grinder, an abacus, and a hand grenade (what does happen when you pull the pin?)

Shots came out nicely, too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    hold on a minute..... those things are calculators? they look like pepper grinders or a handheld enigma machine lol

very nice shots. though the close ups on the site you linked have a little flare. the shot of the 4 curtas above has a better contrast, probably because you darkened the background slightly.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.