Resting Squirrel

snkenai

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thought I would post this one from this morning. Visiting our daughter in Texas, where the temp has been over 100 for over 60 days. This squirrel has found a cool spot on the ground by the tree. Spends several hours each day cooling and resting. Taken from the dinning room, through the door glass, across the porch through the railing. About 20 ft with G1 and Vivitar 70-210.

Attachments

• Squirrel bed.jpg
    Squirrel bed.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 204

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
clearly this squirrel was abandoned at birth and raised by opossum... *nods wisely, ala Yoda*

yeah, texas here too.. and the heat SUCKS! :( makes it hard to wander around n take photos when you wanna collapse 5 minutes after being in the sun
lol

WJW59

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm in Waco so I know all about the heat. I've been trying to get some pix of the local feral cats laying between my soaker hoses and foundation vents, but they are far too nervous for that.

snkenai

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I waited inside in the air conditioning behind drapes. No hunting outside when its this hot. And yes he was alive, Just flat out on the ground. I guess the dirt was cooler than the air. Any one else want to post squirrels here welcome!

Latest threads

Top Bottom