Resources and courses to learn more about PP?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by manju69, Jul 16, 2014.

1. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    Hi everyone. I want to learn more about using RAW and post processing. I occasionally adjust jpgs and enjoy it but feel like I am stumbling about and only using about 10% of what is available (at most). I am hoping to put on a exhibition in the next 12 months too...

I currently use aperture 3 but wondering about moving to Lightroom at some point. Either way some pointers as to resources would be helpful. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Get a subscriptionto KelbyOne or Lynda.com

Video tutorials are great.

Also, for free, check out Bert Monroy's show on Revision3.com called Pixel Perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 1
  4. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    OnOne has some good tutorials if you ever pick up the Perfect Photo suite or plugins.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

6. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Also, I can confirm Lynda.com has some great stuff. My employer has a corporate agreement of some sort that lets me log in and use the materials at no cost, so I can't speak to the value proposition, but there is a lot of in-depth PhotoShop information. I've started watching strobist's travel photography course, really like that guy ever since I watched him on DigitalRev.
    GX1•17/2.8•30/2.8

• Like Like x 1
  7. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    Thanks folks - these suggestions are a helpful start. Now i just need to find the time!

8. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    London
    Malc
    I found Cambridge in Colour really useful, great free tutorials to demystify image processing:
    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/photo-editing-tutorials.htm

For me it boils down to "make the white actually white, then make the black actually black" - everything after that's just fiddling!
    EDIT - apart from lightroom's highlight slider, which is witchcraft ;)

Another suggestion, find a local camera club? There's a load of stuff near me (London) on www.meetup.com, not sure how local it'll go for you but maybe worth a look.

Also try www.talkphotography.com for a very UK strong forum, they'll be good for a local club recommendation.

• Like Like x 1