Resources and courses to learn more about PP?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by manju69, Jul 16, 2014.

1. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    Hi everyone. I want to learn more about using RAW and post processing. I occasionally adjust jpgs and enjoy it but feel like I am stumbling about and only using about 10% of what is available (at most). I am hoping to put on a exhibition in the next 12 months too...

I currently use aperture 3 but wondering about moving to Lightroom at some point. Either way some pointers as to resources would be helpful. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Get a subscriptionto KelbyOne or Lynda.com

Video tutorials are great.

Also, for free, check out Bert Monroy's show on Revision3.com called Pixel Perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

• Like Like x 1
  4. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    OnOne has some good tutorials if you ever pick up the Perfect Photo suite or plugins.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Top Veteran

6. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Also, I can confirm Lynda.com has some great stuff. My employer has a corporate agreement of some sort that lets me log in and use the materials at no cost, so I can't speak to the value proposition, but there is a lot of in-depth PhotoShop information. I've started watching strobist's travel photography course, really like that guy ever since I watched him on DigitalRev.
    GX1•17/2.8•30/2.8

• Like Like x 1
  7. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    Thanks folks - these suggestions are a helpful start. Now i just need to find the time!

8. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    London
    Malc
    I found Cambridge in Colour really useful, great free tutorials to demystify image processing:
    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/photo-editing-tutorials.htm

For me it boils down to "make the white actually white, then make the black actually black" - everything after that's just fiddling!
    EDIT - apart from lightroom's highlight slider, which is witchcraft ;)

Another suggestion, find a local camera club? There's a load of stuff near me (London) on www.meetup.com, not sure how local it'll go for you but maybe worth a look.

Also try www.talkphotography.com for a very UK strong forum, they'll be good for a local club recommendation.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.