1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Resize Images for Forum Attachment

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by ArticFox, Oct 13, 2012.

1. ArticFox

ArticFox Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 12, 2012
    I am very excited to share some nice bokeh images but I cannot make my images fit this forum size restriction. My images are jpegs.

2. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I found that resizing to 800 pixels on the long size, will work on all forums. There are many many programs/apps for this. I use 'Process Multiple Images' in Photoshop Elements to resize. It is pretty easy if you follow the available options.

Gary

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I upload to Flickr, which gives multiple sizes for each image and then use one of the Flickr-resized versions to post it here.

A free alternative is Picasa Web. Here are the steps for embedding a Picasa Web image on our site:

1. On the Picasa Web "My Photos" page, click your album.
    2. Click the photo you'd like to embed.
    3. Click Link to this Photo on the right sidebar.
    4. Set the following preferences:
    5. Select your preferred image size.
    6. Optional: Select 'Hide album link' to remove a link to the containing album, which is displayed by default with the image. Select 'Image only (no link)' to get the image URL by itself, with no link back to Picasa Web Albums.
    7. Copy the HTML (Ctrl-C) in the 'Embed image' field on the right-hand side.
    8. Paste the HTML (Ctrl-V) in your post here at Mu-43.com.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    This, for instance, is the sizing options in Flickr:
    [​IMG]

Easy.

6. unstable_rider

unstable_rider Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2014
    Land of Lakes
    Photobucket an option. You "upload" to them, you can re-size on line with them or before hand (better).

You copy the "code" from photobucket and paste it into your posting, the "weight" of the image is carried by photobucket instead of this server.

I usually aim for between 800-1000 pixels wide on horizontally composed images, and about 500-650 pixels wide on vertical shots.

Ok, the narcissist in me at this point is forcing me to insert an image here as a distraction.

It is carried through to the forum posting by copying uploaded image code from Photobucket, making it virtually weightless to post here.

Our bikes in front of the Maritime Museum in Bayfield, Wisc. Go there, take the tour!

[​IMG]