Researchers Needed!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Streetshooter, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    We are in need of a few researchers. What you would do is to;

Track down rumors and verify info. Post on threads and keep them updated.
    Once we have real verification of a rumor that is now a reality, your thread will be 5 GOLD STARRED at no expense and placed on the front page.

This could make you famous! Your efforts will be honored and appreciated not only by the members of the forum but the entire photography universe. YOU can make a difference. YOU can be the coveted wizard of rumors.
    All applications accepted.
    The pay scale starts at the lower end of nothing but after you get experienced and bring good stuff to the forum members, you get a raise to the upper end of appreciation.

Please post on the thread if you have the stamina and the guts to take on the rumor spreaders. It ain't an easy task but some one has to do it....
    Are YOU up for the job?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hmmm - I like your suggestion.

I had fun posting the EIS Canon rumor, then found out that it was started by a "known rumor felon". Feeling pretty sheepish after that. But I also found that reaction (from a translation of the same Chinese forum), and never posted a retraction here.

After reading what you wrote here, I'll take more responsibility for adding further information that becomes available on anything I do post.

(Question to Streetwalker: I had decided not to fix that thread because it had gone down below the fold, and I didn't want it to go back up in the list ... I figured it was better to let sleeping dogs lie. Is it possible to "Update" a thread title and edit the first post without having the rumor pop back up to the top of the list?)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    I too like Don's suggestion. Post on threads is easy, to keep them updated maybe not that easy. It's a matter of time. I assume that at Photokina Sony will unveil their 3D camera (rumored before, I checked my source). How many stars to give to thar rumor?
    I don't know. I'm not a researcher...sorry Don.
  4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I hope this is tongue in cheek.

5. Jamus

Jamus Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    Oh man, I am so in.

6. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    To edit/update a thread...

Go to the 1st post in the thread.
    Click "Edit".
    Click "Go Advanced" then will see the title of the thread and can edit it.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Don - yellow is so hard to read (on my monitor). I'm happy to contribute rumours that pop up in RSS feeds but I want twice the pay rate you're offering.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Bill, The yellow worked. It attracted you.
    The pay grade is based on commission.
    So, the more ya do, the more you won't get.
    The inverse square law again.
    We appreciate your efforts.
    You'll be known as "The Wizard of Oz".
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey Streetshooter can you tell me what that yellow says. Curiosity is killing me.:smile:
  10. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Icon my friend,
    It's obvious you don't have the eye for color. Your a B&W kinda guy.
    That there is what we need.
    These rumors are often the Colorized versions of rumored facts.
    So, the Wizards of Truth, will see past the colorized versions, they will pp the info and convert to B&W and have actual facts to present the Photography Universe.
    Icon, you have passed level 1.
    You are ready to continue the quest.
    We are counting on you...
    Icon, the "Truth Seeker of Oz".
  11. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I'm in and I will put my color vision skills to work. Some may not realize this but that special color coding is a tool used for years by the corporate industrial complex, in order to further camera lust. It's a proven fact.:eek:
  12. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Your hired based on approval of the Wizards of the forum.
    All eyes are watching you....
    Go forth young woman... Seek ye rumors and bring ye facts home.
  13. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

:th_salute: I shall do my best.