Request: Quoted post notification

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Y2K, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Y2K

Y2K Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2012

I have seen on other forums a notification that comes up when someone has been quoted in a post. I find this feature very helpful because if someone quotes you in a post and asks a question related to content, you get notified when you login and you can go to that post to read and reply. I think that helps a great deal especially when someone needs assistance with something that was posted by someone else. I know that it can be done via PM as well, but that is not beneficial to everyone else who may benefit from the same question and answer. I think it would be a very nice feature to add to the forum. I see that there is a plugin here but I am not sure if it is compatible with mu-43 vBulletin version since the plugin was last updated in 2010. Maybe there are other options as well?

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks for doing some digging for a plugin. I will look into this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mu-43 mobile app
    • Like Like x 1
  3. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Apparently this is a feature on the mobile app:

I've never seen how it works because I turned notifications off for the mu43 app, but I've turned it on now because I'm curious to see if it's a feature I would find useful or not.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Timmy

Timmy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2013
    Wiltshire - UK
    This mod is probably the most popular way of addressing this omission:

I haven't installed it myself but It’s seems well supported & I've heard good things about it, though you need to read the doc’s fully to understand what you’re installing – I think most the features can be switched on/off. Of course it’s an extra source of potential bugs.
    • Like Like x 1