1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Request for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Android users

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    If you are using an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Android device and have 10-15 minutes to spare, please download and install the free ClubSNAP application for your device and let me know what you think of it.

ClubSNAP is a massive photography forum in Singapore, and they use Forum Runner to make a dedicated app for their site free for all to use. I am considering doing the same for Mu-43, but it isn't cheap, so I'd like to get some member input about the ClubSNAP app before taking the plunge. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. pboga

pboga Mu-43 Regular

Dec 6, 2010
    Brazil
    Hey Amin

Just installed it on my phone. I'm running an Android 2.1 and really enjoyed this app.
    It's really simple, but it gets to the point.

Since i'm no member, i cant tell how is to post topics or even pictures, but i liked how the gallery floats there!

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Amin,
    How about a link for us snappers....
    Thanks, beta tester..shooter

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  5. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    ClubSNAP on iPhone 4

Hi Amin, just downloaded the app. I don't know if this is an issue for the iPhone only but load times for the images on the gallery are awfully slow. I am using iPhone on my high speed broadband wireless network right now (faster than the much criticized AT&T 3G network), and it still takes about 10 seconds for all the images on each gallery page to load. Would be good to hear from other iPhone users to ensure this is just not a fluke on my end.

• Like Like x 1
  6. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Gallery

Pboga - what do you mean about the gallery floating? I went into the photo galleries forum and got individual groupings and images. Maybe Android version is cooler (heaven help us Apple fans!) :smile:

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I use both, and they are different. The iOS version puts all the images from the thread in a sort of full screen gallery where you can swipe through. The Android version also does a gallery, but there is a thumbnail strip taking up part of the screen.

• Like Like x 2
  8. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    ?

Amin I must be doing something wrong. I am in the photo galleries forum, and see individual threads with images in each post. Is there another page I need to go to to see the gallery you are referring to, or do I have to change default settings? thanks.

9. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Amin,
    I installed and it seems ok....how do I moderate with this software....

10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    If you tap on one of the images, it should take you to a gallery view you can swipe through.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Don, moderation options are limited to close thread/stick thread/move thread/delete thread. Anything more fancy will require the usual forum software.

12. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    I'm out.....thanks anyway...

13. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    It's actually a really cool app.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    I have to tell you, I tried forum runner, and I downloaded club snap.
    That said, I just use the web browser on the iPad and think it provides me with the best overall experience.

I enjoy forum runner on the iPhone okay. Can't see any reason for the apps in the iPad though..I like it full boat.

Cheers, alan

• Like Like x 1
  16. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Agree

Have to agree with you, Alan. I access this forum via Safari on the iPhone and think the experience might be more limited on forum runner? That said, I think it's great that Amin is always looking for new functionality for the site and for new ways to improve access on-the-go.

• Like Like x 1
  17. m1pui

m1pui Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2010
    Sunderland, UK
    I'm not 100% certain if it's the same, but talkphotography.co.uk has implemented a very similar app for their forum. I tried it (talkphotographys) briefly, but found it quite clunky, when scrolling through "new posts" search results, but they do have quite a high flow of traffic through their forum. After an hour or two away, I can easily have 8-9 pages of new posts (@ 25 posts per page) in safari to skim through. Otherwise, it seemed fine though. Perhaps within a smaller community, such as this one, it might be a more enjoyable experience.

Personally, I prefer to just use the full site over even the likes of tapatalk/forumrunner. Even on 3G, it's not usually painfully slow.

• Like Like x 1